Scientist/Senior Scientist in New Technologies, Synthetic Biology Platform
Company: Beam Therapeutics Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Beam is seeking a skilled Scientist with extensive experience in
molecular biology, mammalian tissue culture and gene editing to
join the Synthetic Biology Platform team to engineering new
technologies for gene therapy. The ideal candidate will be
motivated to explore and innovate many possible solutions to create
impactful new technologies.
- Design and generate biological reagents and systems including
mammalian cell lines, gene editing tools, and biochemical
- Work closely between teams at Beam.
- Contribute to the scientific strategy, discussion, culture, and
output of the team.
- Document, present, and communicate scientific findings to the
team and broader audiences.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Chemistry,
Biochemistry, Synthetic Biology, or equivalent and a minimum of two
years of experience in synthetic biology or a related field.
- Some experience with cell culture, ideally primary cells.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing.
- Familiarity with general molecular biology (g. synthetic
molecular systems, promoter selection, etc.)
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 proteins is ideal.
- Some experience with computational protein engineering and/or
- Strong scientific background and publication record with proven
high levels of performance.
- Ability to work independently while also building relationships
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of
Keywords: Beam Therapeutics Inc., Cambridge , Scientist/Senior Scientist in New Technologies, Synthetic Biology Platform, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!