Scientist, In Vivo Viral Delivery
Company: Beam Therapeutics Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and technically
competent research Scientist to join our team. He/She will support
our exploratory research in disease target validation using gene
editing tools in our in vivo viral delivery group. The candidate
will be responsible for conducting preclinical animal studies to
support drug development candidates. They will also perform
downstream in-vitro assays.
- Manage 1-3 research associates to generate robust
pharmacological and disease relevant biological data.
- Design, plan, and execute in-vivo studies in rodents for CNS,
ophthalmology, and exploratory indications.
- Support the implementation and validation of new animal
- Strong background in molecular biology.
- Experience with in-vitro assays; including ELISA, Luminex, flow
cytometry, and qPCR.
- Experience with cell culture in primary cells and cell
- Analyze data using software including FlowJo, Excel, and
- Follow IACUC protocols and standard operating procedures
- Coordinate in vivo pharmacology research in a matrixed
environment, as well as external academic.
- Preparing and editing nonclinical protocols and reports for
- Collaborations and an extensive network of CROs.
- PhD with at least 2 years' experience in the biotechnology or
pharmaceutical industry or BS/MS with over 10 years of relevant
- Experience with rodent models is required; including animal
handling, routine injections, and necropsy.
- Working knowledge of the central nervous system and gene
therapy is desirable.
- Experience with ELISA, flow cytometry, and qPCR.
- Experience with cell culture and sterile technique.
- Desire and drive to learn and understand the basic biologic
mechanisms underpinning our cell and gene therapy products.
- Experience in maintaining a laboratory notebook and following
- Familiarity with programs such as Excel, GraphPad Prism,
FlowJo, and PowerPoint for data entry, analysis, and
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication
skills and "do-what-it-takes" attitude.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent
- Excellent organizational skills towards multi-tasking in an
extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
Keywords: Beam Therapeutics Inc., Cambridge , Scientist, In Vivo Viral Delivery, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!