Scientist II, Molecular Technologies
Company: Seres Therapeutics
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Why Seres Therapeutics
Seres Therapeutics is a leading microbiome therapeutics platform
company developing a novel class of multifunctional bacterial
consortia that are designed to functionally interact with host
cells and tissues to treat disease. Our SER-109 program achieved
the first-ever positive pivotal clinical results for a targeted
microbiome drug candidate and has obtained Breakthrough Therapy and
Orphan Drug designations from the FDA. The SER-109 program is being
advanced for the treatment of recurrent C. difficile infection and
has potential to become a first-in-class FDA-approved microbiome
therapeutic. Seres Therapeutics is a member of the Flagship
Pioneering family of companies.
At Seres, were leading the microbiome revolution and our most
revolutionary asset is our team. Our courage and deep commitment
are what drives us on our mission to transform the lives of
patients worldwide with revolutionary microbiome therapeutics.
The Scientist II, Molecular Technologies will drive the
development and implementation of both classic and novel molecular
methods to support the discovery and development of microbiome
What Youll Do
- Develop and qualify targeted and quantitative LC-MS analytical
assays to develop and characterize microbiome therapeutics.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and automation
solutions to scale metabolomic pipelines
- Design and execute experiments to support metabolomic assay
development and drug MoA discovery.
- Work internally and externally with vendors as a subject matter
expert in the field.
- Determine sample collection and handling requirements.
Collaborate with the clinical team to ensure clinical samples are
handled and processed accordingly.
- Analyze, compile and communicate study results with relevant
program and functional teams.
- Collaborate closely with the Molecular Technologies,
Computational Microbiome Sciences, Bioinformatics, Clinical, and
Quality groups to develop, prototype, and qualify molecular-based
QC and clinical assays.
- Represent Molecular Technologies in cross-functional R&D
program, platform, and incubator teams.
What You'll Bring
- PhD degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, microbiology,
or a related field
- 2 to 5 years of relevant industry experience with a PhD or a
minimum of 5 years experience with a Masters.
- Demonstrates expertise in mass spectrometry and familiarity
with general concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience with laboratory automation such as liquid handlers
- Demonstrated strong organizational and interpersonal skills,
effective communication skills, rigorous quantitative approach, and
keen attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for a team-driven mindset in a diverse and dynamic
Seres is committed to equal employment opportunity and
non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants
without regard to a persons race, color, gender, age, religion,
national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected
under applicable law.
Keywords: Seres Therapeutics, Cambridge , Scientist II, Molecular Technologies, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!