Data Science Lead
Company: Principia Biopharma Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
At Sanofi we are bringing together Data Scientists to propel
Sanofi into its digital transformation by deploying Artificial
Intelligence throughout its business. Data Science is being driven
from an inspiring Digital organization with a core mission of data
& analytics to drive business insights, to engage with customers
and employees, to automate business processes, and to maximize
A Data Science Lead (Commercial Performance) will provide expert
data science capabilities and develop of AI/ML models for Sanofi's
digital transformation and data products focused on commercial
business use cases. This responsibility includes working closely
with data business leaders and data scientist colleagues to develop
and deploy the most appropriate data science applications. The
successful candidate will have an opportunity to work within and
between domains (e.g. commercial, customer experience, consumer
data, operational, medical and corporate functions data).
Data Science Lead Responsibilities:
- Lead data science area deliverables for digital
products/programs/initiatives including the allocation of work
within the team, monitors the quantitative and qualitative
achievements of the team, and reports results.
- Use commercial domain understanding to positively change Sanofi
businesses needs and enhance performance by modeling data problems
and building analytical solutions & products.
- Apply in-depth experience with both statistical and modern data
science approaches, including unsupervised, supervised, and
- Apply advanced techniques such as random forests, neural
networks and deep learning.
- Build models, algorithms, simulations and experiments by
writing highly optimized code and using state-of-the art machine
- Work on full spectrum of activities from conducting experiments
to delivering production-ready models.
- Work with developers, engineers, and DevOps to deliver AI/ML
solutions for new products/services.
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, computer science,
engineering, physics, statistics, economics, computational sciences
or a related quantitative discipline and 6+ years of analytical
experience in an industrial or commercial setting.
- Coordination of the delivery of AI/ML solutions for commercial
business use cases (finance, sales, operations).
- Experience AI/ML modelling of complex datasets.
- Advanced software development skills in at least two of the
standard data science languages (such as Python, R, Scala, C++,
Julia), and familiarity & flexibility with database systems (e.g.
SQL, NoSQL, graph,..).
- Comfortable working in cloud and high-performance compute
environments (e.g. AWS, GCP, Apache Spark).
- Disciplined AI/ML development (MLOps, CI/CD).
- Experience in coordination of delivery teams and providing
feedback to their management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, business analysis,
and consultancy skills.
- Master's or PhD degree in mathematics, computer science,
engineering, physics, statistics, economics, or a related
quantitative discipline with at least 4+ years of industry
- May also have expertise in advanced statistical modelling, or
broader aspects of mathematics such as optimization or deep ML
expertise e.g NLP, imaging.
- A track record of publishing relevant predictive modelling
results and tools in peer-reviewed journals, conferences, and other
- Experience in life sciences and healthcare.
- Experience in a complex global organization.
We are proud to have been awarded Global Top Employer 2021.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we
operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap
into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and
have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be
leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and
customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people,
their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for
Keywords: Principia Biopharma Inc., Cambridge , Data Science Lead, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!