Senior Director, Corporate Strategy - New Initiatives & Partnerships
Company: Biogen Idec
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Company DescriptionJob Description
About This Role
You are responsible for developing and executing strategic
initiatives, and you will generate and leverage industry and
business insights to provide input on partnerships and evaluation
of new opportunities.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Strategy, you will work
collaboratively with cross-functional partners to identify and
address innovation across the value chain, further optimizing
Biogen's capabilities and developing recommendations for executive
decision-making. This is a critical role with high visibility and
significant exposure to Biogen's senior leaders.
What You'll Do
- Leverage external data and insights to support characterization
of industry trends, landscape, and considerations for corporate
strategy and prioritization efforts.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for innovation and
strategic initiatives across the value chain and explore external
- Execute strategic initiatives, track progress, provide timely
updates, and establish and measure against metrics for results.
Effectively engage stakeholders in the design and implementation of
initiatives and leverage internal expertise/capabilities.
- Collaborate with disease area portfolio leaders, alliance
management, and business development teams to map out and
prioritize new and expanded partnership opportunities in support of
corporate strategic priorities.
- Represent Biogen in joint committees with Genentech to provide
business oversight to the partnered anti-CD20 franchise. Ensure
readiness for quarterly business reviews and relevant committee
- Ensure development of crisp presentations and recommendations
to the Executive Committee for decision-making in support of
corporate strategy objectives and priorities.
Who You Are
You are an exceptional matrix leader with a proven ability to
drive effective collaborations and build credibility and strong
partnership across the organization. You are innovative,
forward-thinking, and unafraid to challenge the status quo. Your
intellectual curiosity and passion for winning help you thrive in a
- 10+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry in
global commercial or business functions
- Proven experience successfully leading or implementing
strategic initiatives with recognized results for a mid-cap or
large-cap, complex biotech/pharma organization.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with senior leaders to
create initiative charters, establish KPIs, and support or drive
execution of initiatives that align to company mission and
- Thorough understanding of the biopharma value chain and
business financials as well as experience providing business or
financial input through joint committee memberships.
- Hands-on project management in establishing processes,
creatively solving problems, facilitating cross-functional teams,
and managing through ambiguity and complexity.
- Strong grasp of industry trends, customer insights, market
dynamics, and value chain with an ability to translate insights
into strategic levers and actionable recommendations.
- Forecasting and management of several diverse projects,
including budgets, contracts, vendors, and primary and secondary
- Shown understanding of basic biology, science, technology,
diagnostics, and device capabilities required to build a
multi-franchise portfolio, and experience working with R&D and
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced scientific degree or MBA
- Prior experience in technology, device, diagnostics and
digital, or consulting preferred
- Anticipated travel (Post-Covid): 10% international
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases
is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is
what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles
and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an
impact on our patients' lives and on changing the course of
medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.
Keywords: Biogen Idec, Cambridge , Senior Director, Corporate Strategy - New Initiatives & Partnerships, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!