Posted on: June 10, 2021
Plan, direct and coordinate the activities associated with the
operation and maintenance of all properties (including buildings
and grounds) within Vinfen's portfolio. Work with staff of skilled,
semi-skilled and unskilled trade personnel to enhance value and
appearance of all Vinfen owned and/or leased commercial and
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage the activities of Facilities staff and
outside vendors. Utilize staff with the goal of optimizing
efficiency and achieving operational and financial goals.
- Manage the 24-hour facilities help desk and Corrigo system and
provide periodic reports to the field concerning quality and
timeliness of work performed and suggestions for improvements.
- Work with the Housing Inspection Manager to develop and monitor
procedures for the inspection of all buildings.
- Work with Accounting and Leasing Departments to maintain and
update where needed all repair and maintenance-related files.
- With an emphasis on cost containment, develop prudent
- Conduct regular audits of all Facilities Department vendors to
ensure quality of work.
- In conjunction with program operations, develop annual repair
and maintenance budgets for each site.
- Assist in the development of strategic planning for the Real
- Oversee the coordination of space allocation and layouts for
950 Cambridge Street and other administrative buildings.
- Oversee and direct Help Desk response to maintenance,
construction, life safety, facilities' equipment use and safety
practices, and all facets of local, state, federal, energy
conservation, environmental and ADA compliance.
- Manage on-call personnel and procedures for emergency and
routine service requirements.
- Generate and approve APVs (Accounts Payable Vouchers) for
- Generate letters to 3rd party landlords advising of property
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety manuals,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
- Ability to work in a professional and confidential
- Ability to manage relationships with outside vendors
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and make independent
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Knowledge of tenant relations, technical operations, and
- Knowledge of regulations relating to OSHA and safety
- Ability to provide leadership and team management to staff
- Sensitivity to cultural, religious, racial, disability, and
- Ability to mediate and manage conflicts
- Ability to balance many competing priorities
- Knowledge of personal computer applications, including database
- Knowledge of Massachusetts State Building Code, Americans with
Disabilities Act, State and Federal Environmental Affairs
regulations, Vinfen's Safety and Operations Policies and
Minimum of four years' experience, of which at least two must be
in a supervisory capacity.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree
strongly preferred. In some instances, experience may be
substituted for academic training.
Driving is a requirement for this position using either a Vinfen
van or personal vehicle. A valid driver's license must be presented
at the time of employment. Incumbents must be at least 21 years of
age, have maintained a valid US driver's license for at least one
year, and must be able to pass a driver's screening background
check, which is subject to an
Keywords: Vinfen, Cambridge , Facilities Manager, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!