Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform, Fitbit
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of software development experience, or 5 with an
- Experience with software development using Java or Scala, as
well as big data and distributed systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
Spark, Kafka, Hive, Parquet, MySQL, Cassandra, BigQuery,
- Experience working with technical and non-technical
- Experience with Cloud IaaS, such as Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with DevOps.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with meeting compliance requirements for Safe
Harbor, HIPAA, HiTRUST, etc.
- Experience with Airflow, Luigi, or other orchestration
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation
technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore,
and interact with information and one another. Our products need to
handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web
search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all
areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing,
large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security,
artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and
mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software
engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google's
needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and
our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to
be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to
take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push
The Data Platform team is responsible for making the vast
amounts of data at Fitbit accessible to teams across the
organization. You will be responsible for the compute layer on top
of the data which enables clients of the platform to build features
and perform analysis.
Security and privacy are top concerns, so our team invests in
building scalable data governance tools. You will work with
internal clients like product managers, data scientists, and other
software engineers to understand their data needs and build
scalable solutions. You will leverage a lot of open source
technology like Spark, Beam, Kafka, and more.
Fitbit's diverse line of innovative products of smartwatches,
trackers and smart scale help people lead healthier, more active
lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to
reach their health and fitness goals. Our products deliver
personalized experiences, insights and guidance through leading
software and interactive tools to support our users' health and
wellness. Partnering with Google will expand our resources and
global platform, and we will be able to accelerate innovation in
the wearables category to scale faster, and make health even more
accessible to everyone.
- Architect the data platform which supports all of our
analytics, data science, and data applications.
- Write high-performance software that's responsible for moving
data between our various data storage tiers.
- Consult with the data providers and data consumers to ensure
their needs are met.
- Share your experiences to internal teams as well as the outside
world through blog posts, presentations, and open source
- Mentor the team and level up those around you.
Keywords: Google Inc., Cambridge , Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform, Fitbit, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!