HubSpot Sales Hub helps businesses create seamless and
frictionless experiences for their customers throughout the sales
Our users depend on us to help them optimize their lead to cash
process and untangle confusion between the front and back office,
and we're looking for a talented product designer to work with us
on an exciting new product space. The work on this team will create
disruption in a complex space and help reimagine the way businesses
collect the revenue that drives their growth.
A successful designer in this role is one that thinks in
ecosystems and not just features, can create simple, modular
designs that can work in many contexts, and is excited to figure
out answers to questions like: How might we make a transaction feel
seamless across any channel?
HOW DO WE DESIGN?
Design at HubSpot is both grounded in experience design
fundamentals and a deep belief that small autonomous teams are the
best way to get excellent work in customer's hands.
- We value solving for the customer above all else
- We give each designer the responsibility and ownership to chart
the course for their designs throughout the product and across
teams. We don't do sign-offs and bureaucracy
- We collaborate with user research and content design and work
cooperatively with them throughout our process
- We carefully lead and maintain a high-functioning,
usability-centered design system and design language with our
- We're embedded on small teams with engineers and product
managers in smart, sustainable ratios
- Learn more about our Design Philosophy: Design System
Our designers are embedded on Product teams while reporting
through a design leader. Your goal will be to create simple and
powerful experiences that enable our customers to be more
successful. This is an important role and has serious, measurable
business impact. We're looking for UX designers excited to gain
more autonomy in their work.
- Work with qualitative and quantitative data to create an
informed understanding of your problem space
- Understand the business and market context for your product
- Partner closely with your product management and engineering
co-leads to establish objectives and key results for your team
- Own responsibility for balancing speed, quality and consistency
of design, and influence your team to find pragmatic ways to
deliver the highest quality
- Visualize solutions at an appropriate level of fidelity for the
stage of the process you're in. This could mean write ups, concept
models, user flows, wireframes, or polished UI mock ups using our
- Break complex concepts into smaller, more manageable
- Provide thoughtful feedback at team design critiques
- Build lasting relationships across the organization, including
cross-product design teams, engineering, product management, and
the broader business
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, highly iterative
Top candidates will have
- Domain experience in payments or billing technology or some
adjacent aspect of B2B commerce
- Ability to articulate design decisions and ask tough questions
to help surface and challenge assumptions. You love getting down to
first principles and making sure you understand the root causes of
a customer problem.
- Open communication style that makes it easy to give and receive
feedback with the goal of becoming better at what you do and
helping the people around you become more successful
- Strong interaction design fundamentals and visual design taste
- Several years of experience working closely and collaboratively
with developers and product managers in a fast-paced tech
environment. Teamwork is central to how you get work done and you
know how to build strong working relationships and communicate
- Experience with Agile, Lean, and working with light Jira
process is a plus
- Nice to have, but not required: undergraduate degree in UX
Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the
way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to
apply - we'd love to hear from you.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship
management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to
help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service,
and website management products that start free and scale to meet
our customers' needs at any stage of growth. We're also building a
company culture that empowers people to do their best work through.
If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, we'd love
to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot
Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our
commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too.
Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named
the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been
recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work,
Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded
in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in
HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn
more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may
collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization
planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains
what personal information we may process, where we may process your
personal information, our purposes for processing your personal
information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot's use of
your personal information.