Company: Cambridge Health Alliance
Posted on: June 10, 2021
CHA Windsor Street Care Center,
-Laborers Local 380
Day/Evening with Variable Start Time
to 4:30-5-5:30p; 11a - 7:30p
CHA Windsor Street Care Center has an
opening for a full time LPN. This position will provide clinical
support for a practice focusing on customer satisfaction and
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. May conduct a patient centered history utilizing appropriate
interview techniques r/t ambulatory nursing and may obtain initial
physical data including vital signs, weight, etc.
2. Incorporates available data, information and nursing knowledge
relevant to the presenting health situation to identify patient
3. Competently utilizes evidence-based ambulatory care nursing
interventions during clinical visits, telephone encounters, and
4. Administers medications (oral, sublingual, topical,
subcutaneous, intradermal, and intramuscular injections according
to hospital policy and procedure.
5. Administers all immunizations according to hospital policy and
6. Lab leader: Oversees daily quality checks of lab equipment,
stock supplies for the lab.
7. Collects specimens such as urine, blood and sputum for testing
and performs routine laboratory tests on samples according to
hospital policy and procedure.
8. Monitors/checks Temptrak and glass thermometers daily. Tracks
temperature on DPH temperature tracking form, troubleshoots
9. Oversees supply/equipment ordering for procedure room,
coordinate equipment kits for procedures and assist with
10. Quality Control - daily check for defibrillator and oxygen
11. Medication refill - review refill requests sent by MyChart
patients; performs medication reconciliation and attach pertinent
information necessary for provider to refill the medication and/or
forward to Central Refill.
12. Performs selected procedures such a simple wound dressings, ear
irrigations, PPD checks, Blood Pressure checks and suture removals
according to hospital policy.
13. Provides age-appropriate care in a compassionate, caring,
culturally, and ethnically sensitive manner.
14. Participates in the development and implementation of the
interdisciplinary plan of care that identifies strategies tailored
to achieve expected outcomes.
15. Documentation meets CHA, professional, and accreditation
standards to facilitate communication of the patient condition in
the provision and coordination of treatment and services.
16. Delegates appropriate interventions to ambulatory care team
based on their demonstrated competency, state practice acts,
available evidence-based guidelines, regulatory and governmental
standards, and organizational policies and defined outcome
17. Adheres to position descriptions, policies, protocols, and
procedures related to nursing professional practice.
18. Employs strategies that promote the health/wellness of
individuals/families and populations.
19. Contributes to data collection that monitors ambulatory care
nursing and organizational performance.
20. Employs critical attributes of effective collaboration to
create, promote, and maintain an environment that supports
successful partnership and high performance team outcomes.
21. Demonstrates CHA Circle of Values and Service Standards.
22. Oversees the practice of non-professional nursing staff.
23. Directs the flow of patients and staff to assure patients are
adequately managed, and the practice runs smoothly and
24. Other duties as required.
Education: Graduation from an accredited licensed
practical school of nursing
Licensure: MA. LPN Licensure required
Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years
current primary care or ambulatory experience preferred.
Certifications: Maintains current American Heart
Association Basic Life Support "C" certification
Linguistic Capabilities: Knowledge of a second
Keywords: Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge , LPN, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!