Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence - Medical Excellence & Operations
Company: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Senior Manager Business Intelligence - Medical Excellence and
Alnylam is the world's leading RNA interference (RNAi) company.
Founded in 2002, Alnylam was built upon a bold vision of turning
scientific possibility into reality by harnessing the power of RNAi
for human health as an innovative new class of medicines. We are a
growing biopharmaceutical company with three approved medicines and
a robust pipeline of investigational medicines focused in four
strategic therapeutic areas: genetic medicines, cardio-metabolic
diseases, infectious diseases, and central nervous system (CNS) and
ocular diseases, including several in late-stage development.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Alnylam employs over 1,500
people in 19 countries and is rapidly growing globally, with
additional offices in Norton, Mass., Maidenhead, U.K., Zug,
Switzerland, Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Tokyo, Japan. Alnylam is
proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe's Top
Places to Work six years in a row (2015-2020), a Great Place to
Work in the U.K. and Switzerland two years in a row (2019-2020) and
a Science Magazine's Top Employer two years in a row (2019-2020).
Please visit www.alnylam.com for more information.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Medical Excellence and
Operations, the Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible
for business analytics and reporting for Global Medical
The main objective of this position will be to mine complex data
sets, analyze and quality check the data to identify trends and
report the findings in a clear and succinct manner to various
stakeholders throughout the organization, including Senior
This role will require a combination of technical and analytical
skills in order to build and maintain a comprehensive medical
dashboard and produce reports that highlight the impact and value
of medical affairs as well as to drive the collection and
interpretation of medical insights and translate them into
meaningful and actionable intelligence.
The role will also advice on and help drive the multichannel
engagement capabilities of customer facing teams worldwide to
create a Global Centre of Digital Excellence for Medical
Given the importance of medical affairs data analytics and
reporting as part of building and enhancing medical excellence and
field effectiveness this role represents an incredible opportunity
to help shape the future and the value of medical affairs.
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive
medical dashboard based on a Data Warehouse (Data Lake)
- Mining and analysing complex data sets, including quality
- Identifying trends and reporting the findings throughout the
organization, including Senior Management
- Working cross-functionally to develop detailed reporting,
dashboards, databases, knowledge platforms and KPIs at detail and
- Implementing new data and text analytics methodologies,
including the use of artificial intelligence
- Performing data profiling to determine anomalies of existing
- Creating new data procurement initiatives and develop programs
to support these initiatives
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for the
collection and analysis of data
- Working with different teams across Medical Affairs to develop
digital engagement capabilities and track key performance
indicators which will lead to operational improvement
- Performing competitor benchmarking exercises related to field
force effectiveness, profiling, KOL engagements, etc.
- Oversee the collection of medical insights from various EAs and
regions, interpret and curate those insights and translate them
into actionable intelligence
- Bachelor's degree in a field such as Computer Science,
Business, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or a related field
- At least 4 years of experience in Business Intelligence or
Analytics preferably with significant amount of that time spent in
pharma/biotech industry. RARE Disease experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the
ability to work independently and drive projects forward in a
complex environment with multiple stakeholders are critical
- Extensive experience in developing and managing "best in class"
reports, dashboards and knowledge platforms
- Proficiency in database utilization (SQL). Ability to mine
large amounts of data and have an expert level of data
- Extensive experience in working with CRM tools
- Significant experience with BI tools, such as Tableau or Power
- Strong internal customer focus and interpersonal skills
Clear alignment with Alnylam Core Values
- Commitment to People
- Innovation and Discovery
- Sense of Urgency
- Open Culture
- Passion for Excellence
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an
exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.
Keywords: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Cambridge , Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence - Medical Excellence & Operations, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!