Senior Manager, Applied Science
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Sr. Manager, Applied Science, Alexa Wakeword
Alexa is the groundbreaking voice service that powers Echo and
other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the
science and technology behind Alexa. We're working hard, having
fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an
enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience and help
create a cutting edge product used every day by people you
As a Sr. Manager of Applied Science in Alexa Wakeword, you will
lead a team of scientists and engineers to drive key initiatives
for developing and advancing world-leading wakeword solutions for
any voice-driven Alexa product. You will contribute to the
multi-year business and research roadmap and strategy for Alexa
Wakeword. You will inspire your team to push the envelope and
continuously produce innovative ideas, conduct insightful
scientific experiments to explore these ideas and lead the
integration of the proven ideas to products. You will influence
design and architecture of software stacks offline and online for
building and deploying flexible and efficient algorithm artifacts
to production. You will review scientific work cross-functionally,
promote scientific best practices and contribute to scholarly
publications to help raise the bar of scientific research inside
and outside Amazon.
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Sciences, Mathematics, or related fields.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven track records of managing science teams, hiring and
developing top talents.
- Strong technical curiosity and the ability to invent.
- Proficient with programming languages such as C/C++ and
- Proficient in scientific best practices and statistical
- Deep domain expertise in machine learning including modern deep
Familiarity with some of the following areas is a plus
- Privacy sensitive machine learning including federated
- Reinforcement learning
- Semi-supervised learning techniques for audio, acoustic and
- Unsupervised learning techniques for audio, acoustic and speech
- Quantization aware training
- Transfer learning
- Active learning
- Domain adversarial training
- PhD with a specialization in machine learning.
- Familiarity with automatic speech recognition is a plus
- Strong publication records.
- Strong software design and development skills.
- Experience working effectively with science, data processing,
and software engineering teams.
- Proven track records of innovations and advancing the state of
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong problem solving
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Cambridge , Senior Manager, Applied Science, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!