Research Scientist I, Histology
Company: Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Vertex Cell and Gene Therapy (VCGT), is developing stem
cell-based cell therapies for type 1 diabetes, and is seeking an
outstanding Research Scientist I to join our growing
Pathology-Histopathology Team. This full-time role is ideally
suited for an individual with outstanding skills and well versed on
routine aspects of histology and developing multiplexing assays,
assuming a hands-on role within the histology team. The successful
candidate is expected to work effectively within cross-functional
teams in a global matrix environment at VCGT and support Sr
- Hands-on experience in designing, developing and
troubleshooting histology based assays for paraffin tissues, using
methods such as IHC and IF, ISH, supporting internal collaborative
- Analyzing preclinical studies of murine and larger animal
- Performs routine histology procedures, including trimming and
processing, embedding and sectioning, H&E and special stains as
- Proficient in using digital pathology scanners (Leica Aperio
AT2 and fluorescence).
- Responsible for data analysis and compilation for all
- Collaborates closely with cross-disciplinary teams and external
groups, supporting colleagues by generating end point
- Authors SOPs, protocols, technical documents.
- Summarize findings (PowerPoint Decks, reports) and clearly
communicates data to peers and management.
- Maintains accurate experimental records, follows good
laboratory and GLP-like practices.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- PhD in Biological sciences. MS in Biological Sciences with 4+
years' relevant research experience.
- Highly self-motivated, team player, with proven and excellent
interpersonal skills interacting with multidisciplinary teams.
- A strong applicant will have prior relevant industry experience
using multiplexing assays, while assay development will be a strong
- Experience in histology-based biomarker assay development and
- Knowledge of extensive statistics, pancreatic islet biology
and/or T1 diabetes mellitus would be advantageous.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and
non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants
without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or
expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under
applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United
States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable
law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with
the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the
position for which the applicant has applied should make a request
to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition
Keywords: Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge , Research Scientist I, Histology, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!