Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure
Company: SAGE Therapeutics
Posted on: June 7, 2021
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful,
integrative thinker for an important role to assist with the
planning, organization, and stable operation of the organization's
IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining,
supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly
network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications,
and telecommunications systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage all Infrastructure, including but not limited to
networks, servers, and virtualization environments.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails
regarding Infrastructure problems and handle remediation.
- Oversee and provide guidance to Sage's IT managed service
providers responsible for the management of IT Infrastructure
including but not limited to network, servers, and virtualization
- Work with other departments to advise on integration of
applications into the enterprise.
- Work on investigating new technologies to assist with
- Keep current with trends and issues within IT Infrastructure,
adapting and transforming processes and technologies to support
further business growth and opportunities.
- Communicate strategy, vision, progress, successes, and
awareness to various stakeholders across the organization.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure
- Assist with management of security solutions, including
firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and
their associated operating systems and software.
- Monitor, Maintain, and build on Cloud Infrastructures such as
Azure/AWS/GCP and implement cloud technologies to assist with
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network maintenance, upgrades,
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and
standards in support of network procurement and development
efforts. Evaluate and recommend for purchase, networking hardware
and software products and manage implementation.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems;
develop and implement strategies for improving or further
leveraging these systems.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system
configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of computing
- Monitor and test Infrastructure Components; prepare and deliver
system performance statistics and reports.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery
plans and maintain current knowledge of plan executables. Respond
to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity
and disaster recovery plans.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of
component inventory and related documentation.
- Ensure that issues are resolved in a timely and accurate
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in
collaboration with the IT team.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects,
improvements, and other conversions.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment
while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important
relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and
negotiation skills, ability to identify issues and raise to key
stakeholders in order to develop relevant and realistic plans,
programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate
strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to
communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans
to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field, or
equivalent experience. Advanced degree in field is desirable.
- 7 - 10 years of experience implementing and maintaining IT
Infrastructure. Life Sciences job experience a plus.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with implementing and maintaining
- Working technical knowledge of network, including local area
network administration, Server, PC, and platform operating systems,
including Cisco/Fortigate Networking Equipment, HP
Workstations/Laptops, Dell Servers, Aerohive/Meraki Wireless,
VMWare, Windows, Linux and Mac OS, systems software, protocols, and
standards, including Active Directory, SAML 2.0, ITIL integrated
- 3 - 5 years of experience with working with Linux Server
- Application support experience with Office365, Code42,
Okta/Centrify/Idaptive, PaperCut, Varonis and Mimecast, and
experience with Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS/Azure. DevOps
experience a plus.
- Experience with data management and knowledge of applicable
data privacy practices and laws.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience as
well as documenting and maintaining configuration and process
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
environment as well as working autonomously where required.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting
with key business stakeholders and ability to influence for greater
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually,
within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard,
mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Ability to inspect of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as
computers and peripherals.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be
Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.
Number of Openings:
#Biotechnology #Careers #ThisIsSage
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors
prohibited by law.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Poster Supplement
We value our relationships with professional recruitment firms.
To protect the interests of all parties, and given the large volume
of inquiries received from third-party placement agencies, we are
not able to respond to all agency inquiries. We do not accept
unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from
candidates for current or future positions. Submission of
unsolicited resumes in advance of a signed agreement between our
company and a placement agency does not create an implied
obligation and, if an unsolicited candidate represented by a
placement agency is hired, we are not obligated to pay a fee. Only
approved recruitment firms will be allowed to provide services to
Sage Therapeutics, Inc.
Keywords: SAGE Therapeutics, Cambridge , Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!