Project Coordinator - Real Estate Development
Company: Alexandria Real Estate
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE), an S&P 500
urban office REIT, is the first and longest-tenured owner,
operator, and developer uniquely focused on collaborative life
science, technology and agtech campuses in AAA innovation cluster
locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has
since established a significant market presence in key locations,
including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego,
Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle. Alexandria is known for
its high-quality and diverse tenant base. The company has a
longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A
properties clustered in urban life science, technology, and agtech
campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic
and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to
successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire
productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success. For more
information, please visit www.are.com.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and consider all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, marital or
registered domestic partner status, family-care status, veteran or
military status, age, national origin or ancestry, disability,
medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any
category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Set-Up and Budget Maintenance
- Assist project manager in setting up project budgets. Maintain
budget worksheets prior to project approval.
- Review job authorization emails provided by Project Manager to
initiate new job set-up with accounting. Work with accounting to
align insight and JDE with Project Manager budgets.
- Maintain project budget worksheets, as needed
- Prepare net zero budget revisions as needed to reallocate funds
- Initiate and prepare project close-out review and
documentation. Review contract reports for open balances, advise
Project Manager of balances to close and confirm that work has been
completed. Obtain vendor confirmation that they have billed and
been paid in full for their work. Initiate request to Real Estate
Development team to release unused contract funds. This process
clears up the projected cash usage reports for accounting.
- Structure project files upon project set-up; Maintain files per
- Work with Construction Legal and Legal with contract
coordination and reporting project costs in response to any
- Communicate with project teams and management on all project
costs and budget status.
- Work with project manager to complete the monthly accrual
worksheet for accounting.
- Monitor contract account balances and activity and prepare
Contracts and Change Orders
- Prepare construction legal forms for contracts, change orders
and purchase orders. Follow up on contract requests with
construction legal and consultant to keep contract moving through
- Prepare new vendor set-up documentation.
- Monitor contract status, track contract balances and keep
project managers apprised
- Communicate any issues to contractors and vendors.
- Process construction projects billings from consultants and
contractors. Review and verify invoices are billed and coded
accordingly. Send to Project Manager for final review and approval.
Submit to Construction Accounting.
- Log and track submitted invoices. Run monthly General Ledger
report and verify that all invoices sent to accounting were
processed and applied properly to the budget. Work with AP on any
corrections. Follow-up and assess project manager of payment
- Track invoices as needed for re-class
- Work with new vendors to set up invoices according to ARE's
- Research vendor aging reports when there are unpaid invoices or
- Notify consultants/contractors of accounting close dates to
ensure timely billings.
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing,
contracting, forms, processes, etc.
- Collaborate with Real Estate Development team on project
initiatives. Provide strategic input into forms and systems.
- Follow up on issuance and execution of contracts, change orders
- Process all incoming hard copy materials into the proper
project filing or action items, including contracts, change orders
DDAs and construction invoices.
- Manage consultant and contractor payment applications,
including review of invoices for conformance with contract
- Monitors various account balances and activity and prepares
some very basic reconciliation.
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner in
support of building the Alexandria brand in Greater Boston.
- Contribute to the successful planning, implementation and
documentation of key technical meetings and initiatives.
- Support, train, interface and participate with peers, users and
vendors as needed.
- Coordinate with team members to track specific items, meetings
or duties they are to be performing.
- Coordinate with other ARE offices to ensure compliance with
standard procedures (e.g.) document management)
- Assist in job-specific phases of due-diligence activities,
including, but no limited to, coordinating the efforts of
third-party consultants with respect to schedule of completing
their tasks and arranging their contracts.
- Communicate, interact and further develop beneficial
relationships with tenants, contractors, architects, consultants
and other project team members.
- Deal tactfully and respectfully with internal and external
customers, tenants, visitors, government agencies, vendors,
- Coordinate meetings and meet and greet high-level clients,
tenants and other visitors.
- Create proposals using PowerPoint and other presentation
- Composes letters and office correspondence, as necessary.
- Provide general support to other operating divisions of the
company as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience, preferably in architecture or
- Willing to work as part of a team and support the office as
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and people
- Positive attitude and overall outlook.
- Must be able to build relationships at all levels.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including but not limited
to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Highly motivated, responsible and resourceful.
Keywords: Alexandria Real Estate, Cambridge , Project Coordinator - Real Estate Development, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!