Vice President, Corporate Legal Affairs
Company: Blueprint Medicines Corporation
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Vice President, Corporate Legal Affairs
Requisition Number: LEG21-901
Blueprint Medicines is a global precision therapy company that
invents life-changing therapies for people with cancer and
hematologic disorders. Applying an approach that is both precise
and agile, we create medicines that selectively target genetic
drivers, with the goal of staying one step ahead across stages of
disease. Since 2011, we have leveraged our research platform,
including expertise in molecular targeting and world-class drug
design capabilities, to rapidly and reproducibly translate science
into a broad pipeline of precision therapies. Today, we are
delivering approved medicines directly to patients in the United
States and Europe, and we are globally advancing multiple programs
for genomically defined cancers, systemic mastocytosis, and cancer
What will you do?
The Vice President, Corporate Legal Affairs, will use his or her
understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry and Blueprint's
business to make meaningful contributions to strategic and
operational discussions and provide pragmatic legal advice that
advances the Company's business and protects the Company's
interests. Reporting to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer,
this individual will be responsible for leading or partnering on a
broad range of matters, including SEC and Nasdaq compliance,
business development initiatives, external communications,
corporate governance matters, and capital markets. He or she will
manage our brand attorneys and contracting team. This position
offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment where
initiative, creative thinking and teamwork are valued!
What will be your responsibilities?
- Act as a business partner to senior management and internal
constituencies (such as Business Development, Commercial, Corporate
Affairs, Finance, Human Resources and Medical Affairs), providing
solution-oriented legal advice, risk assessments and
interpretations of sophisticated agreements.
- Collaborate on business development and financing transactions;
lead legal due diligence activities; and draft, review and
negotiate deal-related documents.
- Oversee general corporate law functions, including with respect
to SEC and Nasdaq reporting and compliance, contracting,
transactions and real estate.
- Advise the Human Resources and Finance teams with respect to a
variety of matters, including the Company's equity incentive
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop communication
strategies and review communication materials, including press
releases, scripts, investor relations presentations, medical
meeting materials, social media postings, and website content.
- Work closely with the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer, Human
Resources, Finance, and others on matters related to the Board of
Directors and its committees, including the Compensation
- Oversee cross-functional efforts to develop and implement
policies and procedures and train employees regarding issues
related to public company status (e.g., insider trading, individual
reporting requirements), contracting requirements, and other
- Generate presentations and other materials for the department,
cross-functional partners and/or senior management.
- Manage the relevant portions of the Legal & Compliance
- Act as the department representative on cross-functional teams
and on Company committees, as requested.
- Maintain a solid understanding of applicable laws, regulations,
and enforcement actions to identify emerging risks, keep management
advised, and implement policies and training programs, as
This position requires periodic domestic and international
What qualifications do we require?
- JD from an accredited law school.
- Good standing in the Massachusetts bar.
- 12-15 years of industry-related experience with a demonstrated
in-depth understanding of the operation of multiple functions in
biopharmaceutical organizations and the applicable legal and
- Sound judgment, high integrity, and dedication to ethical
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills.
What qualifications do we prefer?
- 5+ years in-house experience at a biopharmaceutical company
with an oncology or rare diseases business strongly preferred.
- Experience successfully launching products preferred.
- A strong people leader with experience effectively recruiting,
leading, and retaining teams and inspiring others to maximize
engagement and performance.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a
What capabilities do you bring?
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, player-coach with the ability to work
collaboratively with a pragmatic approach and a positive attitude
in a results-driven, highly accountable environment.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the
organization with both the self-confidence necessary to set forth
opinions even in the face of contrary views and the humility needed
to be receptive to the ideas and opinions of others.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and pay close
attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task
while still meeting high quality and timeliness standards.
- Self-motivated and independent team member who constantly
seeks, designs, and implements improvements.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage outside counsel
(on the limited occasions when used) and adhere to a budget.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.
Who we are:
We don't think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and
new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us matters and that our
success depends on our ability to work together in a diverse
community. We believe we are at our best as a company when our
employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides
opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having
Keywords: Blueprint Medicines Corporation, Cambridge , Vice President, Corporate Legal Affairs, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!