Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Want to transform the way people enjoy music, video, and radio?
Come join the team that made Amazon Music, Spotify, Hulu, Netflix,
Pandora, available to Alexa customers. We are innovating the way
our customers interact with entertainment in the living room, on
the go, and in the car. We are at the epicenter of the future of
Alexa Entertainment is looking for an Applied Scientist as we
build a team of talented and passionate scientists for ASR
(automatic speech recognition) and NLU (natural language
understanding). As a Research Scientist, you will participate in
the design, development, and evaluation of models and ML (machine
learning) technology so that customers have the magical experience
of entertainment via Alexa. You will help lay the foundation to
move from directed interactions to learned behaviors that enable
Alexa to proactively take action on behalf of the customer. And,
you will have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends
and family can relate to, and want to use every day. Like the world
of smart phones less than 10 years ago, this is a rare opportunity
to have a giant impact on the way people live.
You will be part of a team delivering features that are highly
anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience
in CS, CE, ML or related field
- 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Sciences, Mathematics,
or Statistics with specialization in natural language processing,
or machine learning.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in modeling and analysis, and
in deploying machine learning / deep learning models in
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in programming languages such
- Strong software development skills
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms
and advancing the state of the art
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong architectural and
problem solving skills
- Strong publication record
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women /
Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Cambridge , Applied Scientist, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!