Company: Genocea Biosciences, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are seeking an experienced and motivated biostatistician to
join the Data Science team. The successful candidate will drive
development and execution of statistical analyses methods to
support both research needs and aid in analysis of clinical trial
related data. Areas of impact span method development for Data
Science initiatives, analysis of complex datasets generated by the
ATLAS platform, support for pre-clinical development and
translational medicine activities. The biostatistician will have
the opportunity to work in a collaborative, cross-functional
environment developing novel statistical methodologies and
improving on current methodologies. They will also contribute to
the science through independent and collaborative research
resulting in presentations and publications.
- Serve as statistical subject matter expert for the Data Science
- Provide support for analysis of research and clinical data
- Provide strategic input into the analysis of large and complex
data sets generated as part of various programs
- Maintain and expand expertise in various computing tools to
leverage internal and external data sets
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with fellow
data scientists, research and clinical scientists, and external
collaborators as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Build out statistical capabilities and propose opportunities
for productivity improvements and implementation plans.
- Proactively seek input and review from other experts within and
outside the group on various projects and research activities and
share technical information when appropriate.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills with
an ability to explain complex technical details in simple
- Work well in a team as well as independently and be able to
take a leadership role with regard to statistical elements on
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and
embrace change in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good
- Strong writing, editing and presentation skills
- MS or PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics or a related field
- Industry experience: 2+ years with PhD (or 5+ years with
- Academic/industry experience collaborating within a
cross-functional research team
- Strong basis in statistical concepts and methodologies such as
predictive modeling, mixed effects models, multivariate analysis,
- Exploratory data analysis and data visualization
- Design of experiments, including power/sample size
- Strong statistical programming skills in R and/or python. SAS
programming is a plus.
- Experience in applied Bayesian modeling is a plus
- Knowledge of immunology and oncology is a plus
Keywords: Genocea Biosciences, Inc., Cambridge , Senior/Principal Biostatistician, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!