Company: VPNE Parking Solutions
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Aloha Solutions has partnered with Mount Auburn Hospital to hire
a talented Medical Assistant to work in a clinic setting, floating
between multiple departments.
A Medical Assistant is an allied health professional that
performs a variety of clinical and administrative tasks in a
medical practice to support the work of health care providers.
Providers may be assisted with all aspects of patient care in
accordance with MAPS protocols. Note that in some settings some of
the individual standards may not apply if they are performed by
administrative staff. These standards will be marked N/A and will
be excluded from the evaluation.
- Maintains exam rooms, equipment, and inventory levels in
clinical area between patients and at the end of each day.
- Exam rooms: Ensures that equipment and instruments in exam
rooms are sanitized and in good working order. Replenishes stock as
Medical equipment: Ensures that diagnostic equipment and
instruments are sanitized and in good working order. Replenished
related supplies as needed.
- Completes pre-visit planning including but not limited to
- Cancer screening assessment
- Health Care Proxy Status
- Immunization status
- Receives and prepares patient for exam
- Greets patients warmly and professionally at each visit.
Identifies patients, using second identifier at all times.
- Performs and documents all medical assistant clinical
procedures as ordered. These include but are not limited to:
- Pulse Oximetry
- Ear lavage
- Dressing changes
- Suture removal
Other specialized testing
- Collects specimens as ordered.
- Performs phlebotomy
- Provides kits and patient instruction for specimen
Ensures that specimens, labels, orders, logs, and requisitions
are accurate and complete
- Coordinates and assists with scheduling and tracking of outside
tests, procedures and referrals to specialists for consultation and
- Schedules and/or assists patients with patients with scheduling
of outside tests, procedures, and consultations as ordered by the
provider. Documents activities in the patient's record.
Provides patient education materials and instructions. Assists,
with transportation arrangements.
- Facilitates and assists with patient communication.
- Receives calls and messages on the provider's behalf. Screen
and prioritize calls and portal messages. Include pertinent
information as needed (ex: requested lab result information).
- Return patient calls on the provider's behalf as requested to
provide information, education, or communicate advice.
- Release results (by phone, letter, or portal) and coordinate
follow up as ordered.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Minimum of one year's experience as a medical assistant in a
medical practice environment desirable. Certification as a medical
- Ability to multi-task & Customer service experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Computer skills required.
- Must be certified in CPR.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to
work independently and follow directions.
- Phlebotomy skills helpful.
Keywords: VPNE Parking Solutions, Cambridge , Medical Assistant, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!