Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Title: Grants Administrator
Direct Supervisor: Marina Boyarina
Employing Hospital and Department: Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT,
Responsible for the pre and post award management of a portfolio
of grants and contracts within the MGH, Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT
Works directly with the Principal Investigators and
Administrative Director in the submission of grant applications.
Develops and monitors all financial aspects of complex awards, many
with international subcontracts. Primary duties include compliance,
budget oversight and maintenance, subcontract management, reports
to sponsors, and daily administrative and operational requirements
of assigned contracts/grants.
- Establish administrative and financial structures for all
assigned grants/contracts according to the operating requirements
of sponsor(s) and MGH administrative guidelines.
- Monitor all assigned monthly financial reports to ensure
accuracy and budget integrity. Works with PI to identify
variations, trends, issues, etc. in a timely fashion.
- Monitor all grants and contracts for compliance issues.
- Works with the IRB on all applicable human and animal
protocols, consents and related compliance issues including subject
reimbursement. This includes MGH and other local, national, and
- Work closely with research finance administration and staff on
assigned grants and contracts; attends monthly RADG meetings; keep
current with federal (NIH in particular), state and other
requirements, timelines and policy issues.
- Contribute to updating and maintenance of a centralized
electronic (MGH shared drives) grants management and archiving
- Develop annual budgets in consultation with the PI and
Administrative Director, Research for the duration of the
grant/contract. Perform all activity related to closing out of
current budget year and initiating new budget year.
- Verify that funds are available for all equipment, personnel
and major purchases. Assure compliance with federal purchase and
- Coordinate with Ragon Institute staff on deposits, electronic
transfers and cost transfers to funds/contracts.
- In coordination with PI and Administrative Director, Research
complete all information report requests from research management,
including quarterly reports, audit requests, budget changes,
- Develop primary working relationships with local, national, and
international site administrators of assigned
- Initiate and process reimbursements, purchase requisitions, and
check requests for assigned grants/contracts. Coordinate with
appropriate Lab Manager(s) on supplies spending for assigned
- Closeout grants/contracts at end of award period and archive
relevant documents into Ragon Institute storage for audit
- Participate in development and coordination of long-range plans
and funding strategies for activities of assigned PIs.
- Will provide technical assistance in pre and post award
management to foreign partner organizations.
- Demonstrated research administration experience with pre and
post award emphasis.
- Working knowledge of NIH and other federal, state and
foundation regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel,
Access and Internet applications.
- Ability to maintain extensive electronic document and e-mail
files which are department property.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized and flexible in an
environment which requires continuous monitoring of
- Exceptional attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Highly goal oriented, self-motivated, and ability to work
independently as well as in coordination with Ragon Institute
- Good communication skills across multiple levels of the
- An enthusiasm for working in a multicultural, multi-ethnic
Keywords: Massachusetts General Hospital, Cambridge , Grant Administrator, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!