Company: Rubius Therapeutics, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Rubius Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical
company developing a new class of medicines called Red Cell
Therapeutics. Our proprietary RED PLATFORM was designed to
genetically engineer and culture Red Cell Therapeutics that are
selective, potent and off-the-shelf allogeneic cellular therapies
for the potential treatment of several diseases across multiple
therapeutic areas. Our therapies can potentially be used to kill
tumors in cancer and to regulate the immune system for the
treatment of autoimmune diseases. We are currently enrolling
patients in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial of RTX-240 in patients with
relapsed/refractory or locally advanced solid tumors. In addition,
RTX-240 is being evaluated in a second Phase 1 arm of the clinical
trial for the treatment of patients with relapsed/refractory acute
myeloid leukemia, and our IND has been cleared by the U.S. FDA for
RTX-321 for the treatment of human papillomavirus 16-positive
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture - one
based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and
how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2013, we are
headquartered in Cambridge, MA, and our manufacturing facility in
Smithfield, RI was named 2020 Top 5 Best Places to Work in Rhode
Island among medium-sized companies by Providence Business News. We
are currently expanding across all functions within the
organization. Red blood cells are no longer just for carrying
oxygen. Check us out at www.rubiustx.com, or follow us on Twitter
and LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
Rubius Therapeutics is seeking a Payroll Manager who will be
responsible for leading Rubius' payroll and related compliance
processes. This role will partner closely with the Finance and HR
teams to scale our organization, process, and technology, to
support our continued growth and complexities.
Reporting to the Director of Finance Operations, this role will
be responsible for monitoring all tasks necessary to accomplish the
organization's payroll processing objectives. This position
requires a detailed orientated person with significant knowledge of
payroll administration, including state and federal regulations. In
addition to payroll responsibilities, the qualified candidate will
also have the opportunity to gain exposure to, and support, other
key accounting operations areas such as stock admin and general
- Administer semi-monthly & weekly multi-state payrolls for
employee population in excess of 200 using ADP WorkforceNow.
- Responsible for periodic and annual payroll filings such as
Form W-2 and other state and filings.
- Prepare payrolls to support restricted stock vesting, stock
option exercises, employee stock purchase plan and other equity
compensation related areas.
- Work with payroll provider and state agencies to complete
registrations for new jurisdictions as necessary. Ensure compliance
with internal policies and procedures, as well as Federal and State
- Serve as a resource for employees with questions regarding
- Collaborate with Human Resources on administration of 401(k)
and other benefit plans.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for payroll
and payroll-related general ledger accounts.
- Provide support for annual financial statement audits, payroll
and benefits data audits, and periodic reviews, including
Sarbanes-Oxley control reviews.
- Assists with the development and implementation of payroll
practices, policies, and procedures.
- Actively participate in both system and process improvements to
improve efficiencies based on knowledge of assigned areas and past
- Create and update policies and process documents as
- Ad hoc analysis and other special projects as necessary.
Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in accounting operations, with focus on payroll.
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow preferred; Expensify, and
Equity Edge experience a plus.
- Previous payroll management experience in multi-location
environment and combined exempt / non-exempt environment.
- Understanding and prior experience in various accounting
operations roles, including general ledger, expense reporting, and
accounts payable is a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and collaborative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task on competing and deadline sensitive
EEO Statement: Rubius Therapeutics is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special
need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Recruitment & staffing agencies: Rubius Therapeutics does not
accept agency resumes unless contacted directly by internal Rubius
Talent Acquisition. Please do not forward resumes to our
email@example.com account, Rubius employees or any other company
location; Rubius Therapeutics is not responsible for any fees
related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Rubius Therapeutics, Inc., Cambridge , Payroll Manager, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!