Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Alexa is the groundbreaking voice service that powers Echo and
other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the
science and technology behind Alexa. We're working hard, having
fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an
enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design,
architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used
every day by people you know.
We're looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive
scientist to help build industry-leading conversational
technologies that customers love. Our team's mission is the enable
Alexa to understand sounds and vocalization beyond speech. As a
Senior Applied Scientist, you will work with talented peers to
develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the
state of the art in speech and audio processing. Your work will
directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and
services that make use of speech and language technology. You will
leverage Amazon's heterogeneous data sources and large-scale
computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language
understanding. You will mentor junior scientists, create and drive
- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience
in CS, CE, ML or related field
- 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences,
or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural
language processing, or machine learning.
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Familiar with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl
- Experience in building speech recognition and audio/speech
processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government
- Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard
speech and machine learning techniques.
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record
of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the
- Solid software development experience
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Cambridge , Applied Scientist, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!