Research Project Manager All of Us Program
Company: Brigham and Women's Hospital
Posted on: June 6, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
We are looking for a highly motivated, engaging and organized
Research Project Manager who is passionate about leading
recruitment for the All of Us Precision Medicine Research Program.
The Project Manager will be responsible for driving recruitment,
enrollment, and retention activities at one or two Mass General
The All of Us Research Program is a landmark longitudinal
research study that aims to engage one million or more U.S.
participants to enable research that will, over time, improve the
ability to prevent and treat disease based on individual
differences in lifestyle, environment and genetics. Participants
are invited to contribute a range of data about themselves by
completing questionnaires, granting access to their electronic
health records, providing blood and urine samples, undergoing a
physical evaluation, and sharing real-time information via
smartphones or wearable devices. A primary goal of All of Us is to
create a national resource for researchers to help answer important
questions about a variety of health conditions. The All of Us
Research Program will support research in various areas, including
pharmacogenetics, precision medicine, prediction and prevention, to
advance treatments of diseases.
Mass General Brigham (MGB) and its hospitals, in collaboration
with Boston Medical Center, were selected as one of several
enrollment centers for the All of Us Research program. As such, MGB
has been tasked with engaging, enrolling, and retaining several
tens of thousands of participants. The Research Project Manager
manages Research Assistants performing All of Us recruitment,
sample collection, and patient engagement activities at one or
several MGB sites as well as community organizations, working in
collaboration with a team that includes a Program Director and
several Managers. This position is at the forefront of enabling
precision medicine and provides the opportunity to work with
world-class researchers and clinicians on a very large research
program. The Research Project Manager functions independently and
works directly with the All of Us New England Consortium Principal
Investigators (PIs) and Program Director.
The Research Project Manager is primarily responsible for
recruitment at several MGB sites. This requires managing a team of
Research Assistants and ensuring that recruitment, enrollment and
retention activities meet protocol requirements and achieve
programmatic targets. The Research Project Manager is responsible
for the daily execution of principal duties and responsibilities
described below and aspects of project management and
administration including operational, budgetary, communication,
training, and research subject education components. Also
responsible for training and direct supervision of a team of
Research Assistants. Principal duties may vary over time with
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Principal responsibilities include:
- The Research Project Manager under the supervision of the PIs
and the Program Director, will be responsible for leading
recruitment, enrollment, and retention activities at several MGB
community health centers or other sites. This requires supervising
Research Assistants who perform engagement, enrollment, physical
measurements, and specimen collection activities at several MGB
- Has direct management responsibility for All of Us study
personnel including hiring, discipline, evaluation, orientation,
training, and suggested firing. Supervises the daily activities of
- Work closely with the Program Director, PIs and Engagement and
Communications team to promote the All of Us Research Program
- In collaboration with the Program Director, and Engagement and
Communications team, work with community organizations to host
promotional tables and recruitment activities.
- In collaboration with the Program Director, work with the
Central Lab Facility to oversee sample flow and processing.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of research
design process and study protocol at study sites and at community
- Responsible for opening new recruitment sites throughout MGB
hospitals and community health centers.
- Participate in all decisions made and the formulation of
policies and procedures for the study. Identifies modifications
needed and works to implement solutions.
- On a daily basis, executes the procedural, managerial, and
policy decisions of PIs and Administration, including the Program
Director and Financial Director, made for the study. Directly
responds to inquiries regarding study protocol and policy. This
includes managing inquiries from patients, investigators,
physicians, and other clinical and research staff. Serve as liaison
to internal and external populations.
- Develops detailed protocol documents that meet
- Conducts on and off-site informational sessions to appropriate
- Attends meetings and scientific conferences when
- Responsible for developing and managing the project's operating
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible experience
in a research-related field required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must have outstanding writing skills.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills. Must be able
to interpret information as appropriate, answer complex questions
in a professional manner, and communicate in a courteous, clear,
and concise manner. Must be able to work with people of diverse
backgrounds, from students through to senior faculty, and
individuals for whom English is not a first language and who may
have different styles of communication.
- Must have strong organizational skills as well as attention to
Must have good technology skills: Good computer skills,
including the ability to use word processing, email/outlook, excel,
and other applications.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to make independent effective decisions
- Excellent judgment and ability to interpret information and
- Aptitude for technical problem solving
- Excellent organizational skills to formulate and complete
vigorous timetables and meet the contract's complex financial
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively supervise and train staff
- Demonstrated analytical skills to problem solve
- Strong working knowledge of NIH contract procedures and funding
- Works in normal office environment and hospital clinics
throughout MGB affiliated Hospitals and Health Centers.
- Travels to multiple MGB and unaffiliated sites for community
Will have direct supervisory responsibility of All of Us
recruitment team (up to 10 FTE).
Develops /manages budgets when required.
Keywords: Brigham and Women's Hospital, Cambridge , Research Project Manager All of Us Program, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!