Backend Software Developer
Company: IBM Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
IBM Security SOAR, formerly known as IBM Security Resilient, is
a SOAR tool that introduces efficiency into your Security
Operations Center (SOC). It maximizes your security tools by
integrating with them, guides your team through the incident
response (IR) process with playbooks, and leverages automation to
reduce repetitive tasks and allow your team to focus on the tasks
that matter the most.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a member of the IBM SOAR Integration team, you will be
working in small development team projects or autonomously to build
endpoint solutions for the IBM SOAR platform for the purposes of
enriching potential malicious data artifacts and taking remediation
steps for data containment and recovery. You will interact with
members of the engineering development team, product management,
Custom Support and other IBM Security development teams worldwide.
Example endpoint solutions include products such as Symantec,
ProofPoint, Cisco, ServiceNow, McAfee, etc.Build solutions for the
IBM SOAR integration ecosystem.
- Develop, test, deploy and document integration code for data
and process flow between IBM SOAR and other applications, including
incident and task management, data query and enrichment, reporting,
and complex workflow routing.
- Design frameworks for solution development usable by internal
teams as well as Vendors and Customers.
- Qualify, prioritize, and close technical customer
- Work closely with other IBM Engineering teams to deliver
enhancements in the product, tools and processes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1 year of software development experience in either Java or
Python (preferred), using application servers, relational
databases, and message queues
- Experience developing integration solutions with web service
APIs using REST/JSON
- Ability to install 3rd party applications in a Linux
- Strong application and infrastructure knowledge; e.g. React,
PostgreSQL, OAuth authentication
- Development Environment knowledge in Linux, bash/zsh shell
programming, github, travis, jenkins, containerization and
Kubernetes container management
- Working knowledge of Networking concepts (firewalls, DNS, IP
addressing, SSL/TLS proxies, and certificates)
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver quality code through Agile
- Experience with ticketing and workflow applications, enterprise
security systems such as SIEMs a plus
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years of experience delivering release-based
- 3 years of experience in software development using Python
- Strong Python 2 and Python 3 skills. Working knowledge of JSON,
JINJA2, decorators and python packages
- Experience developing commercially available software,
following agile development methodologies
- Experience in the cyber security industry, working with a
variety of end point solutions (e.g. SIEM, TIP, DLP,
Keywords: IBM Corporation, Cambridge , Backend Software Developer, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!