Manufacturing Supervisor - Day Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Thermo Fisher Scientific's Viral Vector Services (VVS) is a
rapidly growing, dynamic gene therapy Contract Development and
Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) that is seeking sharp individuals
to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our
clients. Our employees are committed to making a difference in our
organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We
are looking for top talent with proven competencies and strong
character to join our team and help lead our organization into the
- Address: 250 Binney Street Cambridge, MA
- Day Shift Schedule: 12 Hour Rotating Shift (2/2/3 format)
How will you make an impact?
The supervisor in this role will be part of a cohesive team
responsible for suite readiness for all phases of manufacturing.
The Manufacturing Supervisor uses expert knowledge of cGMP
regulations and project management to ensure manufacturing
readiness. The incumbent will also support equipment,
documentation, investigations and improvement initiatives within
the manufacturing operations. Works independently with minimal
supervision and direction. Performs work that consistently requires
independent decision making and the exercise of independent
judgment and discretion.
What will you do?
- Lead a team of 3-6 manufacturing technicians.
- Represent manufacturing at tech transfer.
- Team with Engineering to ensure equipment readiness for
- Team with facilities and Quality to ensure suite readiness from
a change in and compliance standpoint.
- Creation and maintenance of GMP Kanban in support of
- Practices and promotes safe work habits and adheres to safety
procedures and guidelines.
- Utilizes manufacturing process knowledge and investigational
skills to identify and resolve manufacturing issues and drive
continuous improvement in process operations.
- Manages cross functional teams to drive complex investigation
close outs, determine root causes and implement appropriate
corrective and preventive action Maintain and Improve Systems.
- Supports and develop consistent manufacturing standards for
controlled documents used within cGMP manufacturing.
- Conducts complex document revisions and/or document management
including batch production records and manufacturing
- Performs training with staff on the floor, as needed.
- Leads cross-functional continuous improvement teams with
Engineering, Validation, Quality Assurance, Quality Control,
Facilities, and Manufacturing Science and Technology.
- Supports cross-functional company goals.
- Builds cross-functional relationships and enhances
relationships with team members.
- Works cooperatively with others to meet group and
organizational goals Develops Employees.
- Meet with Supervisors regularly to discuss goals, planning, and
- Continuously builds a high-performance diverse team of people
to achieve objectives.
- Develops self and others to improve performance in current role
and to prepare for future roles.
- Seeks and welcomes feedback and responds to coaching.
- Provides frequent feedback and coaching to others on ways to
- Recognizes and celebrates successes.
How will you get here?
- HS Diploma/ GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred (Science, Technology, Engineering,
Preferred Experience/ Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in pharmaceuticals
- 2 years of supervisory experience highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate exempt and non-exempt
employees and demonstrated management skills, (i.e., business
knowledge, leadership, communication, ability to analyze technical
issues, conflict resolution).
- Thorough knowledge of cGMPs.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and
- Adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements
used within cGMP manufacturing.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Cambridge , Manufacturing Supervisor - Day Shift, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!