Manager, QC Raw Material Sampling and Release
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them.
At Viral Vector Services (VVS) a division of Thermo Fisher
Scientific we deliver, from process development through commercial
supply, we offer the expertise and resources necessary to help
clients deliver innovative gene therapies. Placed in the forefront
of our leading and cutting-edge Cell and Gene Therapy business
enabling clients to cure genetic, rare, and otherwise untreatable
How will you make an impact?
This manager will lead the daily operations of VVS QC Raw
Materials (QCRM) group located in Somerville, MA. This manager will
lead 6-8 Quality staff members across two shifts. This manager will
partner cross-functionally to support new product introduction
teams, raw material qualification and other material related
improvement projects. This manager will provide the primary
oversight for contract testing labs that perform raw material
release testing for VVS.
What will you do?
- BS in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology or related technical
field - preferred. A combination of education and experience will
be considered. HS Diploma or equivalent - required.
- At least 8 years of experience in regulated QC or Manufacturing
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience in GMP
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of basic principles of chemistry, microbiology and
quality control practices.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and lead Quality
colleagues in a fast-paced operations environment.
- Advanced knowledge of QC testing principles/procedures and
laboratory documentation review.
- Experienced in key Quality system processes including
deviations, CAPA, OOS and change control.
- Possesses good problem-solving skills with ability to defines
- Ability to communicate, written and oral, to internal partners
and management, and externally to clients and contract labs.
- Experience with process performance measurement and continuous
improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, OPEX, etc.).
- Knowledge of testing and associated equipment protocols and
requirements and applicable instrumentation and procedures.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Cambridge , Manager, QC Raw Material Sampling and Release, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!