Why Join Us?
Be a hero for our rare disease patients
At Ultragenyx, we fundamentally believe that taking real
impactful action to care for the needs of patients and our people
is always the right thing to do. To achieve this goal, our vision
is to lead the future of rare disease medicine. For us, this means
going where other biopharma companies won't go - challenging the
status quo and creating a new model that advances our field so more
patients and caregivers can benefit from life-changing treatments.
We do this by following the science, applying a novel rapid
development approach, making innovative medicines at fair and
reasonable prices, and creating a collaborative ecosystem to reach
patients in ways that are most meaningful for them.
Our commitment and care for patients extends to our people, so
culture is an essential cornerstone for Ultragenyx. We remain
continuously focused on creating a supportive and inclusive
environment of profound learning and growth - so employees can
thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work.
Ultimately, we want to be an organization where we would be proud
for our family, friends and children to work.
If you want to have a meaningful impact, do the best work of
your career, and grow a lot, both professionally and personally,
come join our team. During the COVID-19 Outbreak, we are committed
to our hiring process. The health and safety of our employees and
prospective employees take priority which means at this time our
approach will include video discussions, interviews, and
ultrainnovative - Tackle rare and dynamic challenges
Ultragenyx is looking for an experienced case manager/patient
advocate to provide exceptional customer service on all levels.
Specifically, listen to and counsel patients and medical
professionals, interpreting their specific needs and providing
friendly, professional and well informed answers to their
questions. The candidate will work with patients, physician
offices, partners and insurance companies to case manage all steps
required to gain access to therapy. Maintain relationship with
patients and physicians to ensure ongoing adherence and
compliance with therapy.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Works closely with patient/family to case manage all steps
required to gain access to therapy
- Counsel patient/family on reimbursement options
- Acts as the liaison with medical offices
- Work with Specialty Pharmacy and insurance companies to obtain
- Perform benefit investigations with insurance companies as
- Manage patient transition to different sites of care
- Responsible for maintaining case history for all assigned
patients in the CRM system
- Trouble shoot and resolve ongoing reimbursement issues (step
edits, insurance changes, PA's, etc.
- Partner with Commercial Field Force to manage all patient cases
within their assigned territories
- Professionally field incoming communications while making a
- Answer patient and medical office inquiries and resolve
- Maintain adherence program by ongoing persistency and
compliance support by regular interactions with
- Manage patient assistance requests and work with partners to
- Provide back-up coverage for other Patient Engagement Managers
- Attend patient meetings and represent Ultragenyx at industry
- Travel to sales meetings and medical offices as necessary
Technical Requirements & Skills:
- 5 - 7 years of prior case management experience preferred
- Ability to travel 20%
- Prior reimbursement experience with ability to communicate
complex reimbursement scenarios to
- patients and medical professionals
- BA/BS in the life sciences or communications preferred
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal opportunity employer &
prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national
origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals
with disabilities and for qualified disabled veterans in job
application procedures, as required by applicable law. If you have
any difficulty using our online application system and need an
accommodation due to a disability, you may contact Talent
Acquisition by calling: (415) 483-8800 or by emailing us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. For electronic email and mail
inquiries, please include a description of your requested
accommodation, your name and contact information.
See our CCPA Employee and Applicant Privacy Notice.
Note to External Recruiters: All candidate activity and open
positions are managed strictly through our Human Resources
Department. Our Human Resources Department kindly requests that
recruiters not contact employees/hiring managers directly in an
attempt to solicit business and present candidates. Please note
that failure to comply with this request will be a factor in
determining a professional relationship with our organization.
Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in
place between the Human Resources Department and the recruiting
agency will not create any implied obligation. Inquiries on
developing a recruiting relationship with us, may be directed to: