Company: EUROFINS SCIENT.
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company,
providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients
across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer,
healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water
you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the
biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply
are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is
accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food,
environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in
agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent
market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for
genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced
material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in
Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than
900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more
than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000
analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition,
authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological
substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical
diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging
players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 4.56 billion,
and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the
past 20 years.
- Contributes as part of a small team of analysts in the Viral
Vector Lab towards execution of various analytical methods to
support biological therapeutic product release and characterization
testing in a compliance-based environment.
- ~100% testing, as well as associated protocol/report
documentation and presentations; may include technology transfer
activities, regulatory support, and possible project team
- Independently executes method for: elucidation and monitoring
of functional properties of protein therapeutics and the
quantitation of product-related impurities.
- Computer competency is essential with emphasis on
- Understands and applies the advanced scientific principles,
theories and concepts, practices and standards for product
- Conducts work in compliance with cGMP/GLP, safety and
- Demonstrates independent judgment in technique and method
selection, protocol and study design and execution, data analysis
and use of standard practices and procedures for a variety of
problems of moderate scope and complexity to meet assigned
- Candidate must have a degree in Cell and Molecular Biology,
Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical, or other biological/analytical
discipline along with following experience in biotechnology,
pharmaceutical, or related environment:
- Bachelor's with 0-2 years of industry experience, or
- Master's with 0+ years of industry experience
- Understanding of basic scientific principles and theories for
plate based immunological methods like ELISA, protein binding
assays, gel-based assays.
- Experience working with one or more of following methods:
ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, receptor binding, cell culture, cell
transfections, and PCR.
- Experience working with plate washers, plate readers and
software like SoftMax Pro, Excel is preferred.
- Experience with sterile cell culture and execution of
cell-based assays will be a plus.
- Knowledge of theories, principles and techniques of relevant
scientific areas and basic understanding of industry practices and
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team,
self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks
simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and
comply with company policies
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without
restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of
Cambridge, MA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical
coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: EUROFINS SCIENT., Cambridge , ELISA Scientist, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!