Senior Scientist, CAR-T Cell Immunology - Mechanistic Immunology
Company: Novartis Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: June 1, 2021
6 Values. Innovation, Quality, Collaboration, Performance,
Courage and Integrity
The Mechanistic Immunology group in Cambridge is an exploratory
team within the Novartis Biologics Center (NBC) at NIBR, focused on
understanding and exploiting the molecular and immunological
mechanisms for the discovery, characterization and optimization of
biotherapeutics and gene therapies.
We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative scientist
(Research Scientist II or Senior scientist I) to join our
Mechanistic Immunology team and characterize CAR-T cells
interactions with tumor cells and the immune system.
What you'll be doing, but limited to
- Develop and independently execute immunological, cellular and
biochemical assays needed to assess and optimize CAR-T cells
- Conducting ex vivo cell-based assays using T cells and other
primary cells from human peripheral blood and tissues to study
functional interactions between CAR-T cells, tumor and immune
- Functional characterization of immune responses using
experimental methods such as ELISA, ELISPOT and multicolor FACS
analysis and new assays to develop.
- Critically analyze and interpret data, able to prioritize
experiments and design follow-up experiments
- Offer innovative, proactive approaches to scientific questions
and troubleshooting efforts
- Work collaboratively with team members of the Mechanistic
Immunology groups and with other collaborators at NBC and
Exploratory Immuno-oncology at NIBR
- Regularly communicate and present results to lab head and
teams, prepare protocols and reports
- Open mentality, ability and eagerness to learn novel techniques
or analysis tools based on project needs
- Maintain familiarity with scientific and technical literature
pertinent to the projects
What you'll bring to the role
- BSc or MSc in Life Science field, preferably immunology or cell
biology/biochemistry with 2-5 years research experience in
immunology, cell biology or biochemistry in industry or academia or
recent Ph.D. graduate.
- Solid knowledge and interest in human immunology and cell
biology/biochemistry. Experience with primary cell culture, T cell
immunology including phenotyping and functional assays and protein
biochemistry. Experience in virology is a plus but not
- Demonstrated ability to develop new assays, critically analyze
data, learn and combine new techniques and concepts quickly, design
experiments and perform exploratory activities
- Scientific curiosity, initiative, commitment, flexibility and
good organization and presentation skills
- Work independently and as a team member with open communication
with the groups and collaborators
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while
we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and
technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how
can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and
collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring
environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power
of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by
taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share
your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Keywords: Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge , Senior Scientist, CAR-T Cell Immunology - Mechanistic Immunology, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!