Backend Software Engineer
Posted on: May 6, 2021
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join the consumer software
team. The ideal candidate has strong skills in backend development,
optimizing algorithms and database structures.
There are currently several opportunities open in the software team
so we are looking for candidates at different stages of their
career. Don't hesitate to apply if you only meet some of the
preferred qualifications, or if you feel you're overqualified. This
is a position where you will have the opportunity to shape your
responsibilities based on the skills you bring to the table.
What you'll do:
- Maintain a database-backed API backend
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and
ship new features.
- Contribute across the stack on developing web applications,
data layers, and back end services.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability
and general reliability
- Work on improving application performance and bug fixes
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies
to maximize development efficiency and application performance
- Participate in cross-team peer code reviews
- Participate in Agile Scrum sprint and release planning
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of industry experience building scalable backend
- Experience with Python or other scripting language
- Experience with Django, Rails, Node or similar web
- Experience with RESTful web services, JSON
- Working knowledge of database systems such as PostgreSQL, NoSQL
- Experience storing and indexing large scale location data
- Ability to identify technology that will grow our big data
- Experience working with a developer community
- Passion for improving company wide processes leveraging
What you can expect in return:
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each
other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape
- Flexible working hours & flexible time off policy.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental,
vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Superpedestrian, Cambridge , Backend Software Engineer, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!