Company: Invenia Labs
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Please apply if you are an innovative and ambitious individual
who wants to help build an organization that makes a positive
global impact on society and the environment. Invenia Labs is
looking for a Data Scientist who will collaborate closely with our
research team to explore and understand electricity grid-related
data. We will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots, and
uncover interesting and surprising relationships between time
series, geographic data, and other diverse and complex types of
data. Much of this work will involve analyzing data on past events
to identify relationships and driving factors, and to then
determine which features could be used to increase forecasting
accuracy of future events. From creating experiments and
prototyping implementations, to testing and deploying promising
ideas quickly and safely, our researchers work on real-world
problems with a focus on understanding and improving the efficiency
of electricity grids. They are also active in the wider research
community by partnering with universities, publishing research
papers, and attending conferences. Role Description
- Work with the research team using statistical techniques,
machine learning tools, and visualization tools to organise, clean,
interlink, analyse, explore, and interpret data.
- Work within individual research projects to propose new
features and forecasting models.
- Work with the Infrastructure team to prioritize new sources of
data and develop requirements for storing and connecting various
forms of data.
- Communicate results in the form of discussions and reports to
other team members.
- Collaborate with and maintain relationships with external
research labs, publish research papers, and attend conferences.Keep
current with technical and industry developments. Desirable
- Familiarity with machine learning and statistics.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation
- Knowledge of SQL and R/Python. Additional Experience (Optional)
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst.
- Experience with Julia and Geographic Information Systems
- Experience with Bayesian methods, probabilistic modelling, and
statistical inference on complex data.
Keywords: Invenia Labs, Cambridge , Data Scientist, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!