Associate Director, Patient Access Services
Company: Spero Therapeutics
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Spero Therapeutics (Nasdaq: SPRO) is a multi-asset clinical
stage biopharmaceutical company in Cambridge, MA We are highly
committed to advancing novel treatment approaches for bacterial
infections with a world-class team of biotechnological and
biopharmaceutical experts. The company has a pipeline of novel and
highly differentiated antibacterial and rare disease product
candidates focused on the unmet needs of patients with multi-drug
resistant (MDR) bacterial infections. Speros lead product
candidate, tebipenem HBr (tebipenem pivoxil hydrobromide, formerly
SPR994), is designed to be the first oral carbapenem antibiotic for
use in adults to treat serious bacterial infections, including
those caused by MDR Gram-negative infections. In September 2020,
Spero announced positive top-line results from its Phase 3 ADAPT-PO
clinical trial of tebipenem HBr in complicated urinary tract
infection and acute pyelonephritis. Spero is also advancing SPR720,
its oral antimicrobial agent in development for the treatment of
nontuberculous mycobacterial (NTM) pulmonary disease, a rare orphan
disease. Speros third product candidate, SPR206, is an
IV-administered agent being developed as an innovative option to
treat MDR Gram-negative bacterial infections.
We sincerely believe that our novel product candidates will have
meaningful impact on patient health and significant commercial
applications for the treatment of MDR infections in both the
hospital and community settings.
General Scope and Summary of Role
Spero is excited to offer this unique opportunity to be part of
the product launch team! The Associate Director of Patient Access
Services will support the strategy, design and build of Speros
first patient access program. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Market
Access Operations, this individual will hold internal and external
resources accountable for product launch readiness, customer
service excellence and operating within Speros requirements. After
launch, this role will be responsible for managing the day-to-day
services necessary for patients to obtain access to Speros
commercial products. Additionally, this individual will
successfully collaborate and support training for many cross
functional partners including the field teams, trade and
distribution, IT, and marketing.
What Youll Do
- Assist in the development of manufacturer programs that remove
barriers to patient treatment
- Ensure that launch timelines are met for all service program
resources, internal and external
- Identify innovative product specific services based on market
insights, customer needs and Spero commercial goals. Examples of
services may include copay assistance, benefits investigation, and
- Establish operations and monitor health plan launch coverage
requirements, formulary status and pharmacy network with insights
from service vendors, Spero market access, field sales and trade.
Track this information at approval and use it to optimize programs
and patient access to treatment.
- Ensure programs and materials comply with direction from
Medical, Legal & Regulatory.
- Manage day-to-day operations for fully launched patient support
programs Including vendor adherence to contracts, business rules,
SOPs and partnership.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level
Agreements (SLAs) to ensure vendor is meeting goals.
- Ensure program excellence and compliance through frequent
onsite visits and auditing of cases/phone calls and data entry.
Review and analyze data reporting from the vendors to identify
issues, trends and potential interventions to ensure program
- Implement new access initiatives/programs to support adoption
and formulary pull through
- Serve as a day-to-day liaison with market access and sales
- Work closely with the Head of Market Access Operations to
resolve any issues and implement new program initiatives. Provide
regular updates and analysis of patient programs to Market Access
- Leverage service providers for business insights and analytics.
Establish reports with meaningful and actionable insights.
What Youll Need
- 4+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or
- 4+ years of experience working closely with patient support
programs including copay, and reimbursement support models for
pharmacy benefit (Commercial and Part D) products.
- Experience with RFP process, vendor selection and
- Understanding of the complex environment of the specialty
market, retail market, reimbursement/access challenges, as well as
the OIG/legal guidelines for offering patient support
- Experience in commercial health plan, PBM, IDN, payer, Medicare
Part D and Medicaid structure, systems, and reimbursement
- Experience in directly managing patient and provider support
hubs or services to ensure patient access to treatment.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM)
and technology/web tools.
- Training experience is a plus.
- Extremely detail oriented to create and manage program
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and
- Must hold a passion for patient access to pharmaceutical
- Patient-centric and service-oriented mindset.
- Must be results oriented, have attention to detail, be
accurate, prompt, and able to meet established deadlines, including
ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously and deliver
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without authority and
successfully partner with cross-functional teams.
- Working knowledge and experience with Word, PowerPoint and
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an
excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive
information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good
judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all
dealings is essential and required.
By joining our committed
and highly motivated team, youll experience a workplace culture
that is inclusive, fair, challenging, supportive, and respectful.
Speros culture is one that emphasizes servant leadership, or
putting ego aside and working for the benefit of the team and our
patients and values our colleagues opinions and celebrates
accomplishments in service of patients.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Spero Therapeutics, Cambridge , Associate Director, Patient Access Services, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!