Head of Engineering
Company: Verve Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Verve is building a world-class team to commercialize wearable
solutions that empower the way people move in the world. Our first
product is a lightweight, connected wearable system that can be
worn all day, every day by industry associates to reduce fatigue,
mitigate risk of injury, and augment performance.
We are looking for an experienced and talented individual to
drive the growth of our engineering team. In this role, reporting
to the CEO, you will be leading a team of highly-talented team
members that are leaders in their respective disciplines. If youre
an experienced product-driven engineer with a passion in deploying
next-generation wearable systems protect and empower our workforce,
- Manage and grow an exceptional multi-disciplinary engineering
team to develop quality products on schedule while meeting cost
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement focusing on
delivering value to customers and being responsive to their
- Define the vision of success for the engineering organization
to achieve Verves strategic goals and empower the engineering team
to achieve those goals.
- Partner with the CEO and senior leadership to ensure
engineering's vision for success is aligned with the business
- Manage system version roadmap, system requirements, and
timelines across software, hardware, and apparel disciplines.
- Partner with the CEO and senior leadership to influence Verves
technology vision and product roadmap.
- Develop and manage engineering best practices for product
development, quality assurance, maintenance, and service.
- Track, analyze, and monitor technology performance metrics
- Interface with customers as-needed.
You Are (or You Have):
- Are equally comfortable:
- Diving deep into an experimental result, CAD file, or
- Discussing effective hiring practices, performance management,
and organizational structure.
- Experience managing teams of 25+ engineers.
- Experience managing within software and/or hardware
organizations, ideally both.
- Track record of delivering and scaling software and
electromechanical products to customers.
- Continued learning mindset.
- Track record of successful mentoring and growth of direct
- Experience with robotics, hardware/software products for
industrial applications is desired.
- Experience working in fast-paced and dynamic start-up
- Ability to travel to partners and customer sites.
- The opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact in a
fast growing company with lots of potential.
- Passionate and fun teammates.
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans.
- Wear robots at work!
Verve is dedicated to building a diverse team of individuals who
are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment. Some of
our core values include respect for all, serving the greater good,
and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences,
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you do not
check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.
What's your citizenship / employment eligibility?
In 150 characters or fewer, tell us what makes you unique. Try
to be creative and say something that will catch our eye! 150
Keywords: Verve Group, Inc., Cambridge , Head of Engineering, Other , cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!