Staff Software Engineer
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field
of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant work experience in software
- Experience in software development using a general purpose
Go, Objective-C, and/or Swift).
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a
related technical field.
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams
and setting technical direction.
- Demonstrated expertise working with one or more of the
following: Infrastructure, Machine Learning, Mobile Application
Development, Embedded Systems, Front End Development, Security and
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous
problems with significant impact.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation
technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore,
and interact with information and one another. Our products need to
handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web
search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all
areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing,
large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security,
artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and
mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software
engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google's
needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and
our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to
be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to
take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally
diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe
that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of
perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better
products and services.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire
people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take
on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on
millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only
revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability
and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new
platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to
Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are
changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation by driving cross
collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and
deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and
Keywords: Google Inc., Cambridge , Staff Software Engineer, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!