Posted on: May 3, 2021
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and
technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to
confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our
work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site
in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets.
Ready to come along for the ride?
Are you someone who loves to solve problems by bringing data to
the table? Are you passionate about writing SQL? Do you like taking
creative approaches to problem solving in a collaborative
environment? We need your help!
CarGurus is looking to hire a highly motivated Data
Applications Engineer to help shape our growing business
intelligence data infrastructure. You will work closely and build
relationships with analysts and leadership in all areas of the
organization. Become an expert in building data transformations and
models that empower people to turn data into insight. At CarGurus,
we are data-driven. Help us realize this goal by democratizing our
What Youll Do
- Become a data subject matter expert, providing excellent
customer service as an internal consultant to analysts, engineers,
- Work with stakeholders across all levels of the organization to
translate business analysis requirements into logical data models
and transformations using our analytics platform (Snowflake, dbt,
- Support our efforts to develop and implement a single source of
truth for our metrics.
- Administer and support Looker and Snowflake.
Who You Are:
- 2-5 years experience in data modeling, data engineering,
business intelligence, or other quantitative field.
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment with
strong interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinker, with an interest in solving business problems
- Passionate about creating production grade data models and data
quality, supporting what you build.
- Experience in SQL with ability to design and validate complex
- Familiar with Looker, Tableau, or other business intelligence
and data visualization tools.
- Familiar with Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, or other OLAP data
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Zuora data a big plus, but not
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation,
curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were
nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for
testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings
to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is
free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a
publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating
the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK
and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are
located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If youd
like to learn more, please visitour careers page.
Keywords: CarGurus, Cambridge , BI Engineer, Other , cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!