Health Assistant II
Company: Harvard University
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Graduate of medical and/or nursing assistant program
- Two years of patient service experience
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain and document accurate vital
signs including temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiratory
- As requested, accurately performs and documents postural vital
- Accurately performs and documents visual acuity testing.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to perform waived
testing. Demonstrates the ability to fit patients with canes or
crutches and instruct them in the correct use of these
- Demonstrates the ability to set up an oxygen delivery
- Demonstrates the ability to set up nebulizer equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform and document pulse
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize a negative PPD skin test
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Provides care to the adolescent through utilization of the
- Supplements explanations with reasons for "why?"
- Encourages questions regarding fears.
- Allows adolescent to maintain control.
- Realizes there may be resistance.
- Provides privacy.
Provides care to the adult patient through utilization of the
- Recognizes anxiety regarding potential chances in lifestyle
resulting from illness.
- Provides education based on learning needs.
Provides care to the geriatric patient through utilization of
the following when appropriate:
- Speaks distinctly due to loss of ability to discriminate
- Slows pace of explanation due to slowed cognitive
- Focuses objectives directly in line of vision due to decreased
- Maintains a safe environment based upon physical and
- Adheres to the expectations and professional responsibilities
of the department.
- Employs the standards, practices, and procedures of the
- Completes and complies with HUHS training requirements
including HIPAA Privacy and Security.
- Reports non-compliance incidents to the supervisor, manager,
and/or Compliance Officer.
The Health Assistant II provides clinical and administrative
support according to coverage needs. Clinical duties include, but
are not limited to preparing examination rooms, performing EKGs and
waived testing, maintaining patient flow, providing patient
instruction regarding preparation of tests/procedures, preparing
medical records ensuring that confidentiality is maintained, and
assisting clinicians during examinations and minor procedures.
Administrative duties include assisting patients on the phone and
in person, checking patients in and collecting copays, scheduling
appointments (including outside tests), and other general office
responsibilities, including sending out letters and routing
messages to clinicians. Performs other related duties as
Keywords: Harvard University, Cambridge , Health Assistant II, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!