Job ID 176050BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City
Cambridge State MA Country United States
Who we are
BBN Technologies is seeking a physicist, engineer, applied
mathematician or computer scientist to support, develop and
initiate advanced research and development projects in their
Physical Sciences and Systems business unit Cambridge, MA.
What will you do
The successful candidate will have a meaningful research
background in the physics of one or more phenomenon, such as
acoustics, vibration, optics, electro-magnetics, or geophysics, and
in the design, testing and analysis of advanced sensors or devices
which use such phenomena. A demonstrated ability to develop and
apply advanced digital signal processing techniques to analyze
these phenomena and devices is required. Experience with algorithm
development, machine-learning, artificial intelligence, analog
electronics or control systems is desired.
The candidate will be expected to support new business
development by participating in proposals and making presentations
to prospective customers. These projects may be sponsored by the
Department of Defense, other Federal Government agencies or
What will you gain
- Experience working with and learning from world-class
- Opportunity to sell your own ideas and start new programs
- Develop and demonstrate cutting edge solutions for important
- Key team members skills
What will you need:
- BS and 6 years of experience, MS and 4 years, or PhD degrees in
Physics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science.
- A meaningful background in research involving one or more
- Design, testing and analysis of advanced sensors or mechanisms
which use such phenomena.
- Development and application of advanced digital signal
processing techniques for the analysis of physical phenomena.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical
- Willingness to apply for and be granted a US Government
- Willingness for occasional overnight travel.
Other skills and experience that would be awesome
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience of algorithm development, machine-learning,
artificial intelligence, analog electronics or control
- Active DoD Secret clearance
We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work
schedules, a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement
Contribution plan, performance based incentive, paid parental
leave, paid time off, and many other employee discounts.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security
clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are
eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.