Associate Scientist II - Cellular Process Development
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Cellular Process Development Associate Scientist IICambridge,
MADirect Hire/Salaried--Our Severe Genetic Disease Cellular Process
Development team is a group within the Pharmaceutical Sciences
division designing and supporting processes to manufacture modified
stem cells for our patients. We develop the gene therapy and
manufacturing platforms and chaperone them from pre-clinical to
commercial manufacturing phases in collaboration with other teams
across Pharmaceutical Science and Research. Come join our
incredibly talented team and learn more about how the work from
this team has a significant impact in patient's
- Design experiments with statistical justification through the
application of Design of Experiments (DOE) methodology.
- Design and conduct experiments following standard operating
- Analyze data and author reports and presentations to
communicate findings to colleagues.
- Perform all aspects of cell culture, including media
preparation, cell culture initiation, propagation, and
- Perform complex technical work related to cell and molecular
biology including flow cytometry and qPCR.
- Maintain accurate and reliable record keeping in notebooks,
databases, and batch records.
- Develop and evaluate new methods, techniques, and technology
platforms to improve process --------efficiency.
- Hands-on lab-based position (70%) requiring a flexible schedule
based on experimental work (occasional weekend work may be
- BS with 2+ years of related experience. Degree in Biomedical
Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biology,
Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Medicine, Genetics, or
related field preferred.
- 1 - 2 years previous experience with isolating, culturing, and
cryopreserving mammalian cells.
- Working knowledge of cell biology.
- Willing to work with lentiviral vector and human biological
samples, including leukapheresis and whole blood.
- Familiarity with designing and characterizing processes by
applying Quality by Design principles is preferred.
- Familiarity with common cellular therapy equipment such as
Sepax, controlled rate freezers, and cell separation technologies
(CliniMACS and other technologies) is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with DOE models and background in using
statistical software (JMP, Minitab, Prism or others) is
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and excellent
- Excellent attention to detail as well as strong organization
and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a
multidisciplinary team setting.Why Kelly--?Kelly Science & Clinical
is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies
looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match
science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and
interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100
percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly--At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Cambridge , Associate Scientist II - Cellular Process Development, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!