IT Early Solutions Smart Automation Lead
Company: UCB S.A.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Let's push the boundaries together and make the most of your
talents! IT Early Solutions Smart Automation Lead Location:
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States Job Function: Information
Technology Job ID: 72925 At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills
into making a difference for people living with significant unmet
needs. Working together, we blend the best of our talents to
deliver thoughtful solutions that patients value. Will you join us
in this pioneering adventure? Reporting to the U.S. Head of IT, the
IT Early Solutions Smart Automation Lead will contribute to the
vision by engaging UCB 's research organization across all
scientific disciplines. As IT Early Solutions Smart Automation
Lead, you will bolster digitization of essential R&D activities
at the sites in Cambridge, MA. You will implement and support
transformative technology projects and as you grow in your role and
in close partnership with your stakeholders you will increasingly
get the opportunity to co-create the future vision and convert it
into concrete initiatives. You will contribute by:
- Enabling new core UCB research activities in an international
- Engaging with UCB scientists in Early Solutions, direct
colleagues, UCB IT partners and vendors and integrating cutting
edge lab automation software solutions, robotics and sample
management systems according to research requirements.
- Using your technical skills, ensuring seamless integration of
these technologies with UCB data management solutions, e.g. through
vendor providing API's or by working with colleagues and developers
to co-create bespoke middleware.
- Supporting the globalization of UCB Early Solutions by enabling
seamless transfer of data from the lab to in-house data science
platforms, cloud solutions as well as between UCB sites in the US,
UK and BE.
- Actively demonstrating the power of intelligent automation and
data management platforms and delivering solutions in a highly
agile and timely manner, in lock step with the rapidly evolving
requirements of research, changing the way in which scientists and
IT work together.
- Using your creativity and curiosity while identifying technical
solutions to challenging research problems or diagnosing issues
with existing IT solutions.
- Having a can-do attitude and technical know-how allowing you to
draft clear plans prior to executing projects.
- Helping colleagues by continually documenting and mapping the
current and future technology landscape within UCB research.
- Actively engaging directly with your stakeholders in their
familiar working environment and actively seeking out topics to
- Learning and adopting new tools in your daily activities by
building simple e.g. instrument automation scripts, small programs,
use of VM's or Docker containers or other open-source tools to
address urgent research requirements in a timely manner.
- Tackling challenges and identifying when you need to seek the
support of your network at UCB.
- Actively build actively build long term trust and confidence
with stakeholders and colleagues and do not compromise the quality
of work Minimum Qualifications:
- Master's degree in computer science, (bioscience) engineering,
- Minimum 2 years of experience with technology solutioning.
- Minimum 2 years of experience software development tools and
scientific data analysis (e.g. (Power)shell, Python, .Net/C#)
- Knowledge of protein science and bioprocess topics and
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment where
you combine hands-on IT skills with a genuine interest in
healthcare and biopharmaceutical research
- Knowledge of Sharepoint Online and Excel Macros would be a
- Excellent Communication skills, able to convey technical topics
to a non-expert audience or to abstract scientific contexts when
engaging with IT partners
- You are curious and motivated, even when tackling
multidisciplinary or unfamiliar projects
- Great organizational skills and ability to multitask -You are
organized and structured
About Us At UCB, we come together every day to work, laser-focused,
on a simple question: How will this create value for people living
with severe diseases? By putting patients at the heart of
everything we do, our approach - from discovery to development to
delivery - is continuously transformed and designed around patient
needs and their journey. With a team of approximately 7,500
employees worldwide operations in more than 40 countries, we are a
global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of
our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on
addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases.
We are looking for people with passion and empathy who develop a
real understanding of patient's needs and can deliver thoughtful
solutions to decisionmakers across the heath care ecosystem.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website www.ucb.com . UCB
and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the
workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.--We do not
discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national
Keywords: UCB S.A., Cambridge , IT Early Solutions Smart Automation Lead, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!