Company: Mass General Brigham
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Summary Under the general direction of the department leader and
the clinical direction of the Radiologist, perform radiographic
procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision
of technical detail. Perform a variety of technical procedures as
directed by a physician, serving patients of all ages, and
requiring independent judgment to apply ionizing radiation for
radiological diagnosis. The majority of patients will be from the
adult and geriatric age groups. Perform a variety of patient
contact duties that may include educating patients/families to
safety protocols and to routine diagnostic procedures. Utilize the
Meditech Admissions and Radiology Modules for patient processing.
Employ (CR) Computerized Radiography for digital capture of
diagnostic images. Ensure that images are archived properly in
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (SRH) PACS and efficiently
transmitted to Teleradiology for interpretation. Key
- Radiographic equipment is operated according to established
- Diagnostic radiology services are provided for patients of all
ages applying the principals of radiation protection and in
adherence to department policy and procedure.
- Patient requests are processed in Meditech Radiology Module and
required information systems per established guidelines.
- Patient care and education is provided for performance of
- Immediate or emergency patient care interventions are taken as
necessitated by patient condition and per hospital guidelines.
- Proper patient positioning and technique selection is used to
ensure radiograph technical quality standards. Contributes
positively to meeting departmental goal of a retake analysis.
- Radiation safety principles, contact precautions, proper
handling of requisitions, and pre/post procedures are integrated
into work practices.
- Physician assistance is provided with imaging procedures and
administration of contract media to meet established
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are
completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration,
Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld. Qualifications
and Experience Education/Degree Required
- Completion of formal radiologic technology training in an AMA
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists or registry eligible with successful completion of
the registry within three months of hire. Experience Preferred
- Two years experience preferred. Licensure Required
- Current and valid Massachusetts license to perform radiography.
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g.
computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
- Effective verbal, electronic and written communications skills
using the English language.
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications
preferred with ability to learn new software. Preferred
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills,
working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member
of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies
for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with
ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing
- Attention to detail. SRN iscommitted to diversity in the
workplace which begins with respect andopportunity for all. SRN
takes affirmative action to ensure that equalemployment opportunity
is provided to all persons regardless of race, religiouscreed,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity,genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status,
disability or any otherbasis that would be inconsistent with any
applicable ordinance or law. Ifyou need a reasonable accommodation
in coming to or participating in theinterview process, please let
Keywords: Mass General Brigham, Cambridge , Radiologic Technologist, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!