Central Services Coordinator
Company: Harvard University
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Working as part of a team, the Central Services Technician
provides service to HUHS departments including, but not limited to,
coordinating regulatory inspections, fulfilling requests for and
problem solving of telecommunications and copy and fax equipment,
and providing mailroom, linen, and courier services. Responsible
for accurate and timely processing of invoices, assisting in set-up
for HUHS-sponsored events and managing annual inspections. Provides
coverage in the absence of other staff.-- Job-Specific
- Coordinates telephone and fax services to maintain effective
communications, including providing ongoing customer service to
users in conjunction with HUIT to resolve problems.
- Responds to and carries out requests for telephone system
additions and changes.
- Coordinates the deployment of copy and fax machines by
administering a replacement and repair program.
- Coordinates the activities of the HUHS mail and courier
operations, ensuring daily pickups and deliveries, and helps to
unload supplies from delivery trucks on the street.
- Maintains the postage machine.
- Assists in the coordination of the security contract and other
activities to ensure a safe environment, including maintaining card
access and panic alarms.
- Coordinates accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices
including Sodexo and Securitas, following established financial
- Coordinates the activities of the laundry operations to ensure
proper distribution and storage.
- Assists and coordinates lock repairs and replacements.
- Sets up tracking system for timely completion of inspections
and tracks, coordinates, and assists with timely inspections with
the Department of Public Safety, Boston Fire, Cambridge Fire, and
Cambridge Inspectional Services.
- Manages annual patient equipment electrical inspections.
- Maintains facility signage and ensures continuity in signage
appearance throughout HUHS.
- Monitors Central Service Work Order System and ensures work
order requests are completed within established targets.
- Utilizes Lean principles in problem solving. Actively
participates at the DIS board effectively engaging with other staff
in identifying areas to problem solve.
- Provides coverage in the absence of other staff.
- Performs other job related duties as required. Basic
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 2 years' relevant work experience Additional Qualifications and
- Experience using Microsoft Office Certificates and Licenses
- Current and valid Massachusetts driver's license Physical
- Ability to lift up to 65 pounds with frequent lifting, pushing,
pulling and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to push, pull and move heavy items on wheels, including
occasional transport of pallets with the use of a pallet jack
- Ability to work during winter recess if needed We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and
pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected
Keywords: Harvard University, Cambridge , Central Services Coordinator, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!