Global Head of Strategy
Posted on: February 19, 2021
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very
important to us. Due to the current situation related to
the--Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging our digital
capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent. As
your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our
digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so,
one of our--colleagues will explain how these tools will be used
throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer
any questions you might have. From Research and Development to
Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities.
Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner. Do
you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi? Global
Head of Strategy for Specialty Care Summary: The Head of Strategy
for Specialty Care is instrumental in collaborating with the Head
of the Global Business Unit (GBU) and the Senior Leadership Team
focused on innovative changes for Sanofi Genzyme. This person will
be a critical leader to support and assess strategic topics
evaluated at the Corporate level /Industrial affairs and Research
and Development. This unique role will provide the ability to
assess the opportunities, challenges and provide additional
strategic planning and foresight into the business. We are seeking
a leader with in-depth knowledge of the bio-pharmaceutical sector
who demonstrates the ability to be a strong communicator,
collaborator and influencer and be able to build trust with others.
They must exhibit strong executive presence and have experience and
comfort with sensitive business topics. Responsibilities:
- Drives the strategic planning process for the Specialty Care
GBU and synthesize complex business issues to: (1) monitor Sanofi
Genzyme progress against the strategic and financial goals, (2)
facilitate management discussions of the GBU's business priorities,
(3) Partners with the Senior Leadership to design and implement
strategic initiatives and KPIs aligned to the overall GBU/corporate
vision, in-an-effort to progress the evolution of Specialty Care to
expands its portfolio and footprint.
- Leads in-depth strategic projects in response to opportunities
and threats and/or business needs, in collaboration with business
stakeholders, frame strategic issues, develop hypotheses, conduct
qualitative and quantitative analysis, propose
- In collaboration with Corporate, develop partnership and
acquisition strategy in selected areas, working closely with
business development, M&A, and Sanofi's venture fund.
- Track trends in the Specialty Care landscape, funding,
products, and new market segments. Analyze strategies, actions,
investments of competitors and other players (pharma, tech,
providers, payers, startups, devices, regulators). Develop
scenarios for market development; identify opportunities and
threats for Specialty Care.
- Ensures clarity of communications and understanding across the
GBU's and functions with respect to deliverables and timelines for
agreed upon strategic initiatives.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with all
key stakeholders internal and external.
- Agility to adopt Sanofi Play to Win behaviors Experience,
qualifications and core competencies:
- Proven ability to work well with executives and ability to lead
and influence across multiple levels and functions of the
organization without having direct authority.
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably dive into any area of the
business, understand business needs, and facilitate executive
decisions based on changing priorities for the
- Proven ability to lead multiple internal cross-functional
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated consistent track record of effectiveness and
delivering strong results.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
excellent presentation skills to groups of diverse size and make
- Embraces diversity and demonstrates an inclusive mindset and
role modeling these behaviors for the organization.
- Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence
and effectively drive organizational change and continuous
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions,
accelerating time to market Complexity
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external)
with a high degree of complexity
- Breadth of knowledge required across therapeutic areas,
indications, and/or modalities Requirements:
- BA/BS degree required; scientific background preferred
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years Bio-pharmaceutical or relevant experience required
including 3+ years in consulting, strategy, business
- Experience leading without authority in a matrix
- Previous experience in collaborating cross-functional groups,
made up of the following: Marketing, Sales, R&D, Medical
Affairs, Market Research, Finance, Forecasting, etc.
- Strong strategic thinking skills are required. Collaboration,
conceptual and innovation skills.
- Proven track record of leading and driving business
transformation and delivering on programs with complex business
- Proven experience leading the design and implementation of
strategies in a commercial environment
- Self-directed with external curiosity and desire to learn
- Strong external network in innovative--technologies highly
desired (e.g., innovators in academia and startups)
- Ability to travel 20-30%, including international The
successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a
restricted covenant upon hire. Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates
are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to
a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color;
creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality;
marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender,
gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation;
disability; veteran or military status or liability for military
status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood
trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to
genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law. At
Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate
and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the
richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a
workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to
empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We
respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their
backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join our Talent Network and get Sanofi communications delivered to
your inbox. By submitting your information, you acknowledge that
communication from Sanofi.
Keywords: Sanofi, Cambridge , Global Head of Strategy, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!