Senior Scientist, Cancer Biology
Posted on: January 13, 2021
Senior Scientist, Cancer BiologyUS-MA-CambridgeJob ID: 2Type:
Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: Research &
DevelopmentNuvalentOverview Senior Scientist, Cancer Biology With
deep expertise in small molecule therapeutics, Nuvalent is creating
selective medicines to address the needs of patients with cancer.
Nuvalent is an exciting early-stage company and brings together
experienced scientists and industry veterans with a proven track
record in drug discovery, oncology drug development, and company
building. Nuvalent is funded by Deerfield Management. Job Summary:
The Senior Scientist, Cancer Biology will contribute to the
discovery and advancement of novel small molecule therapeutics for
the treatment of cancer. With a deep knowledge of cancer biology,
the candidate will work directly with Project Leaders as part of a
cross-functional team to provide comprehensive assessment of small
molecules to support their advancement into clinical trials. The
candidate will play a critical role in characterizing the
biological activity of small molecules and developing new
biological assays. Therefore, the ideal candidate should be
proficient at a wide range of techniques in cell biology, molecular
biology, biochemistry, and/or rodent studies. The candidate will
also contribute to Nuvalent's product pipeline by identifying
potential targets and performing literature reviews. Nuvalent
collaborates heavily with external research organizations. As such,
the ideal candidate has strong communication skills to represent
Nuvalent and guide external studies. Nuvalent is an early-stage
company that cares deeply about professional growth of its
employees. The candidate will have the opportunity to work across
departments with industry veterans and help build the culture for
the organization. Responsibilities Opportunity and
- Be a part of a dynamic, growing team on the leading edge of
oncology drug discovery
- Direct in vitro testing and assay development, including
biochemical and cellular assays.
- Direct in vivo testing and assay development.
- Scout new treatment opportunities and contribute to long-term
- Interface with cross-functional teams (medicinal chemistry,
computational chemistry, DMPK, and translational medicine).
Qualifications Minimum Requirements
- Ph.D. with 2-5 years or BS/MS with 10-15 years of research
experience. Degrees in disciplines of Cancer Biology, Cell Biology,
Molecular Biology, Chemical Biology, and/or Biochemistry are
- Deep knowledge of cancer biology and cell signaling
- Scientific knowledge and experience, with strong analytical and
- Expertise in molecular biology, tissue culture and cell biology
assays, including some or all of the following: real time PCR,
recombinant DNA technology, western blot, immunoprecipitation,
ELISA, Next Generation Sequencing, gene expression analysis, genome
editing (particularly CRISPR), viral transductions, RNAi, flow
cytometry, microscopy, and immunohistochemistry.
- Preferred: experience developing and working with in vivo
- Preferred: experience with structure-activity relationship
analysis, structure-guided drug design, small-molecule
pharmacology, and synthetic organic chemistry.
- Excellent scientific and business communication skills (verbal,
written and technical), strong interpersonal/collaboration skills
and planning skills.
- Ability to think critically with strong attention to
- Ability to work independently to determine appropriate
resources to overcome challenges.
- Excellent team player, collaborative mindset. Nuvalent, Inc.
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed,
color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status,
national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability,
veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
local law. PM18 #LI-DNI
Keywords: Nuvalent, Cambridge , Senior Scientist, Cancer Biology, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!