Patient Care Associate
Company: Mount Auburn Hospital
Posted on: November 21, 2020
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE
MOUNT AUBURN HOSPITAL - CAMBRIDGE, MA
1. Assists with activities of daily living such as hygiene,
nutrition, elimination, mobility, comfort, and safety.
2. Monitors and documents vital signs, patient weights,
intake/output, and other data.
3. Completes patient treatments as directed, and assists healthcare
professionals with more complex treatments.
4. Performs phlebotomy and EKG's, applies Holter monitors, and
performs glucometry. Collects and labels specimens.
5. Answers patient call lights and ensures resolution of patient
6. Transports discharged patients.
7. Participates in patient care rounds.
8. Provides one-to-one observation of patients as needed.
9. Participates in conferences and educational programs as
10. Maintain BCLS certification and attend annual Safety Education
11. Maintain unit competencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Ability to read and write at level 8, as documented on "Invest,"
the hospital's Employee Learning Laboratory software.
3. Good oral communication skills to ensure the accurate transfer
of information, and strong interpersonal skills to facilitate
courteous interaction with patients, visitors, and other hospital
Mount Auburn Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. We are an equal
opportunity employer and we offer wonderful opportunities for
advancement, so you re sure to find a position that suits your
unique skills here.
We value equality and are committed to maintaining an environment
in which employees, patients, and visitors are treated without
regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
handicap, veteran s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
Keywords: Mount Auburn Hospital, Cambridge , Patient Care Associate, Other , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!