Partner Engineering at Vertica
We are looking for a Partner Engineer to evaluate, design,
implement, and improve technology integrations within the Vertica
partner ecosystem. This role involves leveraging your technical
skills to research, develop, and collaborate integration methods
for new and existing partner technologies. Your expertise is key to
maintaining vital relationships with the Partners product team
engineers who you will work with on a regular basis.
As the technical product expert for our technology partners, you
will work closely with various Partner software products such as
Business Intelligence Tools, Analytical Tools, Data Integration
Tools, and Cloud Infrastructure. In addition to technical
capability, the ideal candidates ability to deep dive into these
tools will help understand the limitations and constraints of
integration developed by Partner products. This allows you to
recommend best practices that will provide tremendous value to our
customers. You will also work closely with Object Storage Partner
and evaluate how objects storage can be used with Vertica. You will
develop expertise in running Vertica with AWS S3 Storage and S3
compatibility storage solutions.
The Partner Engineer is an energetic internal and customer
facing professional with proven expertise to work with technology
companies. Furthermore, strong understanding of technology is
required to confidently communicate the product vision and roadmap
Roles and Responsibilities
· Manage and maintain relationships with Technology Partners
(includes Storage and Platform Partners) that have Solutions that
work with Vertica.
· Work directly with the technology product in terms of
integration required based on general objectives and knowledge of
overall architecture of product or solution.
· Identify opportunities to improve integration with the Partner
product while working with them.
· Provide enhancement recommendations to Vertica Product
Management team based on internal testing and/or customer
experiences with partner products.
· Document and publish the integration between the Partner
product and Vertica. This requires installing, configuring, and
validating the product.
· Develop and maintain deep understanding of Vertica and how
Vertica interacts with Partner products using various protocols
such as ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET etc.,
· Collaborate with the Partners Technical teams and Vertica
Engineering team for a deeper understanding of products.
· Work closely with the Vertica support team and Field team to
identify and resolve any integration issue between the
· Work closely with the offshore Partner Engineering team and
provide support, guidance, and mentoring.
· Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and
integration activities required based on general objectives and
knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
· Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and
outsourced development partners regarding software systems design
status, project progress, and issue resolution.
· Represents the software systems engineering team for all
phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, or equivalent.
· 4 - 6 years experience designing, implementing, and supporting
enterprise integration solutions with a track record of meeting
· Ability to effectively communicate product architectures,
design proposals and negotiate options at management levels
· Excellent programming fundamentals with experience working
with enterprise software.
· Experience with Database technology and SQL knowledge.
· Experience with Windows and Linux platforms.
· Advanced scripting experience such as shell scripts, python,
· Experience with on-premises and/or cloud infrastructure
development and deployment.
· Working experience and knowledge of Object storage,
specifically AWS S3.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and
meeting facilitation skills.
Nice to Have
· Proactive, positive, self-starter, and team player with a
passion for working with 3rd party product tools.
· Proven ability to partner with both internal and external
stakeholders, help driving both strategic and tactical
· Understanding of Languages like C and C++ is advantageous but
· Experience working with a technical customer base and
corporate IT projects and processes.
About our team
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica,
our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from
each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get
it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude
and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make
Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building
great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in
good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.
About our product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the
worlds most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit,
Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers
unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine
learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without
discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally