Vertica - Big Data - Inside Sales - Cambridge MA
Vertica (Big Data) Inside Sales and Lead Generation Specialist -
Prospector/Pipeline Development Representative
Analytics is the core of the enterprise and Vertica is used by
some of the most data-intensive enterprises in the world like Bay
Area companies Twitter, Tesla, Intuit, Ebay, and Uber for
real-time, scalable, advanced analytics. Vertica is also embedded
into over a 100+ software solutions from the likes of Broadcom,
Domo, Cisco, Trend Micro and Palantir.
The ideal candidate will have a few years of inside sales
experience and wants to get out into the field. This will be a
hybrid role in which the expectation is that you will touch 40-50
targets daily through email and phone and also work tradeshows and
The ability to work independently with discipline and focus is
required. The ability to collaborate with the outside field is
The role is primarily to build pipeline in North America, work
on smaller deals and learn the business. The targets are Product
Managers, CTOs, VP of Engineers, Solutions Architects within
enterprise software and hardware companies. You will judged based
on pipeline growth and deals closed (primarily by the outside rep).
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to advance into the
Education and Experience Required:
• Two year university/Associate degree preferred or equivalent
• Typically 2-3 years of experience in related field, preferable
• Direct experience interacting with customers (i.e., Technical,
Administrative, or Call Center roles).
Knowledge and Skills:
• Solid telesales skills.
• Listens to customer needs and tailors messages to customers
based on their needs and ties-in additional promotional campaigns,
upgrades, or extended products/services.
• Must be a team player and juggle multiple tasks and competing
• Must be able to apply subject matter knowledge to solve common
and complex business issues within established guidelines and
recommend appropriate alternatives.
• Exercises independent judgment within generally defined
policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
• Exhibits knowledge of the company's portfolio of products or
capacity to learn and utilize product resources to meet job
• With management guidance, proactively contacts and sells
products/services and completes lead follow-up with assigned area
• Consistently meets or exceeds metrics related to outbound
calls, open pipeline opportunities, and closed won revenue set by
• Knows and understands the company's sales tools and
• Strong presentation and communication skills
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without
discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally