At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in
neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide
innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological
and neurodegenerative diseases. One of the world’s first global
biotechnology companies, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today has
the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has
introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal
muscular atrophy, and is focused on advancing neuroscience research
programs in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, MS and
neuroimmunology, movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders, acute
neurology, neurocognitive disorders, pain, and ophthalmology.
Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced
Job Description Global Business Services and Business
The Global Business Services (GBS) and Business Optimization
team is a newly formed organization established to transform
Biogen’s business processes to set a platform to scale global
operations, fuel commercial growth and the innovation pipeline.
Further, GBS will provide further value by developing and
delivering a suite of business solutions and support services that
are valued by internal customers. GBS will deliver services by
leveraging a global delivery model, operational transparency and
metrics, leveraging global best practices, and a service-oriented
process improvement culture. All solutions will be supported by
strong business cases and ultimately monitored for the
effectiveness and efficiency against benchmarks and service level
The vision of GBS at Biogen is to be recognized as a world-class
Global Business Services organization driven by the desire for
excellence in its people, business solutions, execution, and
partnerships with internal customers.
The GBS Business Optimization team will champion building a
continuous improvement culture that other parts of the organization
will recognize and seek out for business support. We are developing
a performance-based culture supported by tools, training, and
well-defined accountability, where people can build their career or
prepare for a role in the wider business or elsewhere within GBS.
We seek individuals who can enhance our team with their knowledge,
skills, innovation, collaboration and “can do” attitude.
Sourcing Excellence Head, Director
• Member of Procurement COE and operations leadership team
• Ensure Procurement COE and operations leadership understands
priorities and needs for sourcing excellence. Make recommendations
to leadership from a customer standpoint, by aggregating the voice
of the internal customer.
• Ensures resourcing and bandwidth to meet the business
• Identifies and champions CI initiatives in partnership with
• Drives the development of the sourcing and category management
frameworks in support of procurement functional strategy.
• Ensures consistency and adherence to procurement processes
aligned with leading practices and Biogen standards.
• Responsible for the development and leadership of the COE,
which includes Training, Supplier Risk and Relationship Management,
and Category Management expertise.
• Supports and maintains the tools, dashboards, data and
processes for supplier risk and relationship management, spend
analytics, category management and sourcing.
• Drive knowledge sharing and development of leading practices
• Establish Supplier and Category Management templates to be
used across the procurement organization
• Partners with category managers to continually improve
category performance and value generation
• This role reports to the Senior Director, Procurement
Operations and COE Lead and manages a team of over 20 people.
• Implemented CI and associated value
• Organizational health metrics and action plan
Qualifications • Strong global leadership & influence skills
that inspire trust, collaboration, operational excellence (5
• Passion for innovation and improvement for organization
systems and procedures.
• Strong customer focus and willingness to champion changes
• Demonstrated awareness of operating trends and leading
• Strategically oriented, inquisitive, and comfortable with
• Strong executive presence demonstrated leadership and
collaboration skills with ability to build effective relationships
and influence peers and key stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor
messages to the given audience. Can present information in a clear
and concise manner
• Recognized inside and outside of Biogen for depth and breadth
of procurement knowledge
• Ability to act in a consultative role
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills with ability to
build effective relationships and influence peers and key
• Ability to lead through change and ambiguity effectively in a
fast-paced and challenging environment
• Excellent interpersonal, motivational and leadership skills
that inspires trust and collaboration
• Strong program management acumen with ability to plan across
projects, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers,
manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team
members (5 years+)
• University degree or the equivalent combination of education
and experience required; advanced/graduate degree preferred.
Additional Information All your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.