At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in
neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide
innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological
and neurodegenerative diseases. One of the world’s first global
biotechnology companies, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today has
the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has
introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal
muscular atrophy, and is focused on advancing neuroscience research
programs in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, MS and
neuroimmunology, movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders, acute
neurology, neurocognitive disorders, pain, and ophthalmology.
Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced
Job Description Global Business Services and Business
The Global Business Services (GBS) and Business Optimization
team is a newly formed organization established to transform
Biogen’s business processes to set a platform to scale global
operations, fuel commercial growth and the innovation pipeline.
Further, GBS will provide further value by developing and
delivering a suite of business solutions and support services that
are valued by internal customers. GBS will deliver services by
leveraging a global delivery model, operational transparency and
metrics, leveraging global best practices, and a service-oriented
process improvement culture. All solutions will be supported by
strong business cases and ultimately monitored for the
effectiveness and efficiency against benchmarks and service level
The vision of GBS at Biogen is to be recognized as a world-class
Global Business Services organization driven by the desire for
excellence in its people, business solutions, execution and
partnerships with internal customers.
The GBS Business Optimization team will champion building a
continuous improvement culture that other parts of the organization
will recognize and seek out for business support. We are developing
a performance-based culture supported by tools, training, and
well-defined accountability, where people can build their career or
prepare for a role in the wider business or elsewhere within GBS.
We seek individuals who can enhance our team with their knowledge,
skills, innovation, collaboration and “can do” attitude.
Catalog Management Lead, Manager
• Develop, maintain, and continually improve the supplier
catalog enablement roadmap based on current spend, suppliers,
category strategy, catalogs, and contract terms.
• As the primary contact for supplier catalog enablement, ensure
accurate supplier data collection; devise a strategy and develop a
calendar for onboarding of suppliers onto the purchasing system
network and development of catalogs.
• Actively collaborate with Category Leads and analyze spend to
• Drive deployment of catalogs for Guided Buying and ensure
• Educate and communicate with internal stakeholders and
suppliers regarding catalog enablement process, requirements,
timelines, benefits and readiness.
• Lead purchasing system suppliers and catalog enablement teams
to meet timelines.
• Develop and monitor process/channel metrics and ensure steady
improvement in usage of catalogs and enabled suppliers.
• Gather customer feedback and translate into guided buying
• Coordinate with Buying Channel and Category leads to ensure
efficient and effective buying channel development, maintenance,
and execution consistent with best practices
• Identifies and leads CI initiatives in partnership with
Select Performance Indicators:
• Number of catalogs created/revised
• Categories with enable with catalogs as part of buying channel
• Implemented CI and associated value
• Number of categories with best practice catalogs
Qualifications • Previous experience with enterprise-wide
programs with one or more of the following purchasing system
modules: P2P, Supplier Information & Performance Management,
PO/Invoice Automation, and ERP integration with purchasing system
• Experience leading supplier and catalog enablement processes
• Passion for innovation and improvement for organization
systems and procedures
• Broad knowledge of spend management strategies, category
management, procurement operational processes, and supplier
information & relationship management
• Strong proficiency with transactional purchasing systems
catalogs and formats (Catalog Interchange Format ‘CIF’ and
• Strong leadership and influence skills that inspire trust,
collaboration, and operational excellence
• Strong customer focus and willingness to champion changes in
support of overall improvement of the Procurement function
• Strategically oriented, inquisitive, and comfortable with
• Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks,
assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, manage change,
resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across
multiple projects concurrently (2years+)
• University degree or the equivalent combination of education
and experience required
Additional Information All your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.