Software System Administrator (Remote)
Posted on: January 25, 2023
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common
purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable
place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and
passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in
knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society,
and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity,
collaboration, inclusion, and excellence. UL stands at the
forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually
challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive
change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
The Software System Administrator will work closely with Database
specialists, Operation specialists, Software engineers and Customer
support groups to ensure Systems are available 24X7 and meet our
committed SLAs with Customers. Work with Senior specialists in
making sure we cover environment's scalability and availability in
both cloud and on-premises infrastructure.
What you'll learn & achieve:
- Monitoring & Reporting of critical systems
- Performs troubleshooting as required and lead problem-solving
efforts often involving outside vendors and team members from other
- On call support and maintain environments for availability and
- Network Switch and Firewall configuration and
- Manage DR environment and offsite backups
- Build and manage environment(s), their scalability and
availability, adhering to SOPs
- Patching of servers and infrastructure as per patching
- Coordinate with Database specialists and Operations
- Configure monitoring and alerts for the critical
- Read and follow the Underwriters Laboratories Code of Conduct,
and follow all physical and digital security practices
- Performs other duties as directed -
What makes you a great fit:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of work relevant work experience.
- Core understanding of network configuration and storage
- Working experience in cloud Infrastructure, both IaaS and
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems
- Working experience with Active Directory and DNS
- Knowledge of Azure monitoring, alerting, and diagnostics,
including Application Insights, Log Analytics, Network Monitoring,
Service Health, and dashboards.
- Experience with Azure AD, Active Directory including
- Excellent organizational, written and communication
- Excellent troubleshooting capability
What you'll experience working at UL:
- Mission: -For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't
new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place
has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply
engrained in everything we do.
- People: -Ask any UL employee what they love most about working
here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond
what is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the
best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: -Every day is different for us here as we
eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create.
We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how
people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles,
you will get international experience working with colleagues
around the world.
- Grow & achieve: -We learn, work and grow together with targeted
development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very
own UL University that offers extensive training programs for
employees at all stages, including a technical training track for
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily.
We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every
day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit our
company page UL.com
Keywords: UL, Cambridge , Software System Administrator (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!