Software Development Engineer
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job summaryGood storytelling starts with great listening. At
Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in
mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our
products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.ABOUT
THIS ROLEAs a Software Development Engineer, it s up to you to
define, design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of
listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we ll
support you with the latest tech, tools, and systems that you need
to succeed. We pride ourselves on our ability to imagine and invent
solutions to problems of the future and you ll be essential in this
forward-thinking approach to development. Together with the team,
you ll build and maintain our platform to bring thousands of
stories to millions of listeners and unleash the power of the human
voice.ABOUT YOUIf you re a dedicated problem solver, this is the
role for you. Identifying and overcoming challenges is at the heart
of everything you do; whether it s looking ahead to our listeners
problems, or analyzing every inefficiency, you thrive when you
strive for perfection. We look for people who take responsibility,
who feel the pride in a job well done and see every failure as an
opportunity to learn. With a knowledgeable team around you, and
opportunities to challenge yourself, it s a perfect environment to
develop and apply your new skills.As a Software Development
Engineer, you will...
- Develop, and test software components and applications for one
of the largest creator and provider of audiobooks in the
- Identify and resolve software defects by reviewing code errors,
log files, metrics, using debug functions, and other
- Work on an agile engineering team writing maintainable and
scalable code for software components.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop,
test, and launch software that impacts our customers and inspires
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science,
engineering and analysis to solve problems of moderate scope.
- Continuously improve the testability, operational excellence
(OE), and documentation of the software components owned by your
- Classify, store, and handle data in accordance with company
- Participate in the interview process and mentor other
engineers. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with one or more modern languages (e.g.,
Java, C++, C#), including object-oriented design.
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data
structures, algorithms, and problem solving. PREFERRED
- Experience in building scalable software services (e.g., SOA,
- Experience building and delivering software systems to internal
or external customers.
- Knowledge of professional software development life cycle best
practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control
management, continuous deployments, testing, and operations.
- Problem solving skills and willingness to accept new
challenges, take ownership and be adaptable.
- Basic understanding of security concepts.
- Capable of using technology to solve straightforward problems.
Can take a defined design, turn it into high quality code, and
deliver it on schedule. Proficient in a broad range of data
structures and algorithms, knowing when it is (and isn t)
appropriate to use them.ABOUT AUDIBLE At Audible, we innovate and
inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on
storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio
storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and
share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport
and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's
our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners,
storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences
power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the
power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Audible, Cambridge , Software Development Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!