Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Company: Portal Instruments
Posted on: August 1, 2022
About PortalPortal aims to transform medicine by enabling
patients to self-inject their biological drugs with a revolutionary
needle-free device. This innovative drug delivery system is
designed to replace auto-injectors and our early studies show it is
overwhelmingly patient preferred. Issued from MIT Research and
connected to the cloud, the Portal device allows biopharmaceutical
companies to differentiate their therapies with a patient-centric
drug-delivery solution. Join us on this exciting journey of making
patient care and comfort a priority.At Portal we believe in
workplace inclusion - all employees belong, contribute, and thrive
in our fast-paced environment. All people need to be represented
for all patients to be represented. We encourage you to apply no
matter your background - because we understand a diverse culture
formulates diverse solutions.Software Development Engineer in Test
(SDET)Reports to: Director of Software EngineeringOverviewWe're
looking for a SDET who is passionate about making a difference in
the lives of patients and how medicines are delivered today.Portal
Instruments seeks a curious, detail-oriented SDET to join the
verification & validation team. This individual will design and
automate verification/validation of embedded firmware, from unit
tests to full system integration testing. In this role you
- Design and implement test software for Portal products
throughout their lifecycle.
- Assess and maintain test coverage and acceptance criteria using
a risk-based approach in accordance with ISO 14971 and IEC
- Triage and troubleshoot failures and collaborate with the
engineering team to find appropriate solutions.
- Ensure software verification activities are documented in
accordance with Portal's quality management system.In the role you
will need: Please note that this list is neither exhaustive nor
restrictive. Portal values candidates with unique backgrounds and
skillsets. No individual item is intended to disqualify candidates
on its own.
- Bachelor's degree in software-related discipline or equivalent
- Proficiency in Python, Bash, or another scripting
- Familiarity with systems programming languages, such as C, C++,
- Experience working with Linux.
- Familiarity with source control systems (git, svn, etc.)
- Experience working with embedded devices, preferably in a
medical device environment.
- Knowledge of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) concepts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Background in engineering or the natural sciences a
plus.Working at PortalPortal Instruments offers employees the
opportunity to work in a fast-paced start-up that values
innovation, creativity, accountability, teamwork, and openness
while providing excellent leadership and development opportunities.
Which all sounds great--- right? But what about the other
- We believe in transparency so if your resume meets the job
requirements, we will discuss salary range with you right from the
start, so feel free to ask us!
- Portal offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits
package, including stock options, both Roth and traditional 401(k)
retirement plans, thoughtful health and dental plans and a chance
to make a difference in the lives of thousands of
patients.Healthcare for FTE:
- Portal works very hard to select healthcare plans that keep
costs low for employees while still maintaining the level of care
you deserve and expect from leading healthcare companies. We even
pay the first half of your deductible so that we can keep the
premium costs low for you!
- We offer both PPO and HMO healthcare plans, dental,
orthodontic, vision and accident insurance plans too!
- Paid family medical leave is covered by Portal both short- and
long-term disability as well as AD&D insurance and all are 100%
- Did we mention employees are eligible for a variety of flexible
spending accounts (FSA)?Vacation
- 20 days of vacation for everyone, because everyone deserves to
take a break and our team is encouraged to take all their time off
each year to recharge!
- 13 company-wide state and federal holidays and often a
company-wide holiday shutdown - sometimes the best reward for hard
work and results is no work and all rest!
- If you're sick.. you're sick! And being sick is certainly no
picnic (or vacation!), so all employees get sick days to use when
they are under the weather. We want you to take care of yourself,
plus staying home helps protect everyone! At Portal we want to make
sure you know that our strong team has your back to support you
through all of life's obstacles.Flexibility - We put flex in
- Life shouldn't just revolve around work - if you want to go
exercise at 2 PM or grab lunch with an old friend, be our
- Portal works in a hybrid environment - whether you work from
Florida or NYC, you're still a part of the Portal team. We are a
results driven team - so we don't have to see a green dot on Slack
to trust that you're doing your job!
- Portal offers employee's an assistance program which includes
confidential counseling, financial information and resources,
work-life solutions, free online will preparation and more!
- We also offer a commuter reimbursement account, dependent care
accounts, on-site parking (subject to availability), a bike room
and locker room with a shower!Growth at Work
- We invest in your career. Our company's growing quickly, and
we'll give you the opportunity to do the same. You'll have access
to several professional development opportunities so that you can
keep up with the company's evolving needs and grow your career
along the way.
- Portal offers its employees access to the Southern New
Hampshire University discount program on part time tuition - a 10%
employee discount for both undergraduate and graduate studentsMore
- Daily free lunch
- Casual dress code
- Pop-up wellness benefits
- Happy hour
- Annual company sponsored events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Annual donation match program though BrightfundsTo Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted if your
background meets Portal's needs.
Keywords: Portal Instruments, Cambridge , Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), IT / Software / Systems , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!